Chapter 181

Guess what.It's Ready: http://www.miimaas.com/

My website is officially live! Although still under development and a lot of things may change over time, it's officially ready for you to start reading at!

Consider buying me a Ko-fi or find me on Patreon! @miimaas

"I'll take Maggie."

"You sure she's up to that?" Hershel asked but it sounded more like he was telling him to rethink.

After a moment Glenn nodded. "If she's not, I'll bring T-Dog."

T-Dog nodded in agreement.

Eve nodded and began assigning people to teams for each task. Five minutes later and everyone was off doing what they should be, and Eve walked past Maggie's cell and paused, the corner of her mouth quirking up as she watched Beth giving Judith to Maggie.

With that warm little bundle in her arms, the cloud of gloom hanging over Maggie lightened. It almost looked as if the room itself was visibly brighter.

Beth looked over her shoulder, feeling eyes on her and smiled at Eve; for once not getting a jump start when she's been snuck up on.

The quiet woman gave the smart teenage girl a quick wink and a thumbs up before leaving them to bask in baby Judith's healing presence, which she herself experienced last night. Maternal instinct is an incredible, terrifying power.

Eve followed T-Dog and Glenn as they went out and reluctantly passed her truck keys to Glenn.

She put her hand on his shoulder with a meaningful look and Glenn nodded. "I know. It's just around back. We'll be careful."

Eve nodded and waved them off as they went to the truck and Carl opened the first gate for them. They'll have to open the outer one themselves, seeing as no one is guarding down there right now, all their manpower is tied up elsewhere. That's part of why Eve went to the guard tower immediately, to see Randall, who has been keeping watch as usual while everyone was inside.

Sometimes she feels a little guilty that he's always on watch duty, but he seems to enjoy it, if not then she really couldn't fathom why he always volunteers to do it.

Randall looked over when he heard the steps and nodded when Eve emerged from the stairwell.

After greeting her, Eve stood next to him in the tower, a few feet from the railing and filled him in on the plan. When she was finished, Randall nodded. He looked hesitant for a moment, like he was debating whether he should tell her something and then pointed to the far fence.

"I saw you come back this morning, I guess you went hunting or somethin'. But Rick's been out there almost since you came back. I've been watching him walk over that bridge into the forest and back for almost an hour."