Chapter 6

Dropping off the ladder, I went to the mouth of the alley, checking the street carefully and motioned to Glenn; letting him know we're good to go whenever he's ready.

"You got some balls for a Chinaman." Daryl loaded his crossbow.

"I'm Korean." Glenn agitatedly corrected.

"Whatever" Daryl brushed him off.

Glenn came up next to me and I nodded to Daryl before we slipped out of the alley.

We kept close to the buildings and I stopped Glenn next to a car, so a walker on the other side wouldn't see us.

When the walker passed by, I moved again and ducked behind some left over military sandbags, Glenn's entry was much less graceful though.

He's sneaky don't get me wrong, but he's not me sneaky. Now I know why he wanted me to come with him, and he was right to do so.

I motioned at him when I spotted the bag and there was an opening.

Glenn ran, grabbed the bag from the street, and hesitated before grabbing a hat too.

A walker spotted him and I pulled my knife, moving out from the hiding spot.

Glenn ran past me while I killed the walker quietly but carefully setting it on the ground was harder than expected because it was so heavy.

I managed but walkers had already cut me off. So going back the same way wasn't an option.

I ducked underneath the tank, waiting for the walkers to trudge past before crawling out extra carefully.

Making my way back to the alley wasn't easy but I didn't expect to be startled by yelling.

I rounded the street corner in a panic and saw Glenn being pulled into a car, yelling for Daryl, walkers closing in.

The car drove off and Daryl yelled something but I've got bigger problems. Over a dozen walkers were between me and the alley.

Frantically looking around, I had no choice but to turn back- before they notice me.

I have to go around. I slipped back around the corner, keeping low and fast.

Which alley was it? He said two blocks right?

Muffins, I should've paid more attention. Why do I never pay attention!?

I went two blocks up and thankfully wasn't spotted; despite how crawling the streets are. The concentration of dead smells on this street must be masking my scent but that won't last forever.

Am I really this sneaky? I mean I've been told but I honestly thought they were exaggerating.

I made it to the alley two blocks up but Rick and T-Dog weren't there. I could've sworn it was only two.

Maybe it was 3 blocks? No, I'm pretty sure he said two. Ahhh—

Screw it. I'll just go back to the meeting place and hope they come back.

I'll wait ten minutes there and if they don't come back, I'll go back to the van and wait there. Sooner or later they'll have to go back there, right?

Calm down, geez.

Worst case scenario they leave me here and I have to make my own way back to the camp.

Ohhhh if they leave me here, they better pray I don't make it back. 

-

It took me long enough to make my way back to the strategy room but when I got there, I heard an unfamiliar voice.