Same here (Usnavi de la Vega x Fem!Reader)

Requested: maybvnk
Prompt: 143. "I want my best friend back."
Info: musical: in the heights
character: usnavi
reader type: fem! reader
prompt: 143 "i want my best friend back"
plot: reader and usnavi were besties forever until one day he leaves her for no reason and reader gets all sad and then becomes and baddie who confronts usnavi and has a whole breakdown
additional: just some cute bestie things. thanks for doing this you do. no rush
~~~
I never thought I'd see the day where i face Usnavi for the last time. Which is weird to even think about, since I've been friends with the man my entire life. But when that faithful day happened, I didn't know. I didn't even know that the last time I laid my eyes on the man i grew up with and fell in love with would be my last.

On that day, we did our normal routine, nothing out of the ordinary. We went to the bodega, i helped him out, we got food and left when it was Sonny's shift and hung out for the rest of the day.

It was a shock when the next morning Usnavi didn't show up at my door at seven in the morning. It was even more surprising when i went down to the bodega and found Sonny working Usnavi's usual morning shift. Running to his apartment took everything out of me, tears streaming down my cheeks as i assumed there worst. When I arrived at the empty apartment, my heart broke seeing the place picked clean of the man and his things.

The worst was not getting any warning. The fact that he didn't, I guess, trust me enough to tell me he was leaving was the killing blow that made my heart shatter.

It took me a good two years to move on, and bring myself to forget about him just leaving. I learned from Vanessa that he had won 96,000 dollars, causing him to leave to the Dominican Republic to find out more about his family. She also told me it was also due to Abuela Claudia's death, and the fact that he couldn't face us anymore after that. [Yes, I'm aware that it was actually Claudia who won the money, but I changed it to fit the narrative]

It was another three whole years after the sudden move of Usnavi that I would see him again. Since I had no one waking me up at seven anymore, I actually got to sleep in a little bit before going to cover the shift that Sonny used to occupy, so the shock of a knock on my door at seven really got to me. I cursed as I quickly threw on my jacket sitting my the door to cover my self as I opened it.

Before me, stood the man I fell in love with that up and left five years ago, standing at my door. My eyes widened and I just stood there for a good five seconds before slamming the door in his face.

The anger and hurt bubbling in my chest like it had done all those years ago returned immediately, and I couldn't help myself from crumpling to the floor.

"(Y/n) Wait! Please let me explain!" He yells desperately through the door, his own emotions starting to rise. At the sound of his voice, different yet the same, a strangled sob leaves my throat violently. He opens the door at the horrid sound and tries to envelop me in a hug, which backfires as the adrenaline now pumping in my veins causes me to shoot up and away from him.

"N-No!" I shriek at him. "You do NOT get to fucking WALK OUT OF MY LIFE FOR FIVE FUCKING YEARS AND EXPECT TO BE ABLE TO WALTZ RIGHT BACK IN!!"

"I-" He starts but I stop him.

"The worst part isn't even that you left. It's that you left without TELLING ME! ME!! Your best fucking friend! Do you have any idea how heartbroken I was when you didn't wake me up that next morning?? Or how about when i saw Sonny desperately trying to get ahold of you to and when he decided he was just going to work your shift?? Or even when I ran crying to your apartment to see nothing was left?? Do you Usnavi?? DO YOU??"

I turn away from him and walk into my bedroom to quickly change my clothes and get out of my tear soaked tank top. Before I can do that though, I collapse against the door, tears continually spilling out of my eyes. Knowing I gave him a lot to process, I just sit there clutching my heart as he slowly walks closer to my bedroom door.

"I know I don't deserve your forgiveness (Y/n)." I hear him voice softly through the door. "I know I fucked up. I felt so horrible about leaving and I still did it. I knew it was going to break you, but again, I still did it. I couldn't face you after Abuela died and i knew that if i did i was going to breakdown, and I didn't want you to see me like that. You didn't deserve that, but you didn't deserve this either. I was stupid and lovesick, thinking that if you saw me like that your opinion of me would change.

"I wanted to call you, to tell you i loved you, beg you to come with me so we could live a happy life together, but I couldn't bring myself to do that. I didn't know what I was going to do if you told me no, so I didn't risk it, and just left. I know that you hate me, and rightfully so. But if i could just ask one thing if you, I really want to give you a hug." He finishes, his own tears now streaming down his cheekbones. It takes a moment for me to collect myself enough to open the door and look at him.

His dopey smile retracted from his puffy and red eyes as i just looked at him, feeling the tears coming back. I let out another sob and threw myself into his arms, waiting for them to wrap around my waist like they used too. He emits an "Oof" as i throw myself at him, and then a soft sigh which gives my body goosebumps. I nuzzle my head into the crook of his neck as I continue to cry, and soon he pulls me into his lap and does the same thing.

It doesn't take long for my exhausted body to stop crying and almost fall asleep in his arms. before i can do so he pulls away just enough so he can place his forehead on mine. His eyes are glassy from crying but ignore that and stare at his lips.

"I missed you." I whisper hoarsely. "So goddamn much Usnavi.."

"Same here (Y/n)" he muses before placing his lips on mine. "Same here."

~~~
I wasnt sure about his one at all, but fuck i think it turned out sO GOOD!-

The ending had me all sappy man fuck

~~Griffon~~