17

"Hi! Welcome to the Bridal Shoppe! How can I help you?" The cheery blonde at the front desk asked as we walked in the door.

"We have an appointment to pick out bridesmaids dresses." I said quietly.

The store was fairly empty because of how early in the morning it was, but I didn't want to risk someone overhearing us and recognize me. Thankfully, it was public knowledge that Niall and I were engaged, but the only people that knew we were eloping were the ones coming with us and I wanted to keep it that way.

We were led back to the private area we were taken to last time, when I tried on wedding dresses. The blonde told us it would be just a moment and wandered back to the storefront. Barely a minute later, a familiar face popped up from around the corner.

"Angelica." I smiled, waving as she approached us. I had specifically requested her due to how kind she was last time we were here.

"It's good to see you, ladies! So, we're finding something for the bridal party this time, correct?" She asked.

"We are." I nodded. "I'll be back soon for mine."

She smiled and nodded in understanding. "Did you have anything specific in mind for the girls?"

"Actually," I started, looking between Liz and Stacy. "I was hoping you both would pick out something you want. It doesn't have to be the same dress."

"Mismatched dresses? My favorite." Angelica smiled. "What about color?"

"I didn't really have that in mind, either." I said, biting my lip nervously.

She laughed. "That's alright. I'll get you some swatches and we can see what you like." She said, walking off to bring me the options.

"At least give us some idea of what you want us to wear!" Stacy said, putting her hands up like she was confused.

"Yeah! This is your wedding, you have to pick the dresses!" Liz added.

"First of all," I started, lowering my voice. "It's an elopement. Not the same thing. Second, this is going to be laid back! I really want you guys to love your dresses, and your personality to show through them."

"We want you to like them, though!" Stacy replied.

"Don't worry, I'll still give my opinion and get the final approval." I laughed.

Angelica came back shortly after that with all the swatches, and I flipped through them, taking a seat while they wandered off to show room. Once I picked out a couple of colors I loved, I made my way to the showroom as well, stopping as I passed the bridal section. I saw a gorgeous gown on one of the display mannequins and I couldn't help but want a closer look. I glanced around the room before quietly stepping over to it and admiring the detail and beauty of the dress.

"It's beautiful, isn't it? That's one of my favorites. It's new."I turned, slightly startled to see Angelica approaching me with a smile.

"It's gorgeous." I replied. There was a slight pause before I asked, "Where are Stacy and Liz?"

"They're changing. They found a couple of options. I came to find you." She smiled.

I nodded, still looking at the dress. "We should go back, then."

"Wait." She said, stopping me as I started to walk off. "Do you want to...try it on? If you feel comfortable."

"Oh, it's okay. We don't have to do that. We didn't come here for my dress today." I replied, shaking my head.

She nodded understandingly. "Well, let me know if you change your mind. In the meantime, let's go see what your girls have picked out."

I followed her back to our private room, hearing Stacy and Liz whispering in one of the changing stalls. They stopped when we walked in.