13

Niall and I came home the next day and despite the progress we seemed to make, I didn't have much to say when we got back. It's not that I was angry or upset at Niall, but I couldn't shake the anxiety coursing through me as I thought about our future. I would be going back to my regular schedule and Niall would be leaving again.

There were less than three months until he would be home for Christmas, which doesn't sound like much, but it was terrifying to think about considering everything that we've been through lately. I would be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little concerned about my mental state.

I spent most of the day quietly thinking about what would be best for the both of us.I was staring at the TV as a movie played, but I wasn't paying attention to it. Niall had been on the phone throughout the day with various people. He was in constant contact with his manager and publicist, he filled in all of our friends on what was going on, not to mention calling my boss to let her know I was okay and would need a couple of days off. He told me she was understanding as always. I turned to Niall when he entered the room, pulling me from my thoughts.

"You've been quiet today." Niall stated, sitting down beside me on the couch.

I shrugged. "Just a lot on my mind."

He nodded. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"Why Pelican Cove? Out of all the places you could've gone, you had to have chosen that place for a reason." He asked curiously.

"My parents used to own that condo. We vacationed there every summer. They sold it a year before they died." I said softly. "I have a lot of good memories there."

Niall didn't say anything. He rarely did when it came to my parents. He knew there weren't really any words that would help, so he would mostly just listen. He reached for my hand, lacing our fingers together.

"I didn't know that. We can visit there more often...if you want to." Niall offered.

I nodded. "I'd like that."

"Do you want to talk about anything?" He offered.

"Like what?" I asked.

"You said you had a lot on your mind."

"I'm still trying to process it. I'll let you know." I said, forcing a smile.

"Okay." He sighed. "I've got a few more calls to make."

I nodded and he kissed me on the head before walking back down the hallway that led to our bedroom. He came back around half an hour later and sat down beside me as I watched TV. There was a soft knock at the door not long after that. Niall stood up immediately and went to the door, letting Liam inside.

"Hey." I said, slightly confused. "What are you doing here?"

"I asked him to come." Niall interjected.

Now I was extremely confused. "Why?"

He sighed and sat back down next to me. "I don't know why you're having a hard time talking to me about everything, but you need to talk to someone."

I stared at him blankly before looking up at Liam who was still standing awkwardly by the sofa. "You want me to talk to Liam?"

"If it helps, yes. I also called the psychiatrist. You're seeing him tomorrow." Niall stated.

I immediately got defensive. "You can't tell me what to do."

"He's trying to help you, Julie." Liam chimed in. "I don't think you realize how serious this is."