15

"Jules! Can you come in here?" Niall yelled.

I walked in our bedroom, carrying a basket of laundry, to see him shoving the remainder of his clothes back into his suitcase. It's been nearly a week and Niall had no choice but to leave again to finish the international half of his tour. I was doing well, back at work and set to continue seeing my psychiatrist, and I knew Niall had asked our friends to keep an eye on me. He didn't tell me that, but I knew him well enough to know better. He was flying out in the morning and had seemed uneasy about it all day.

"Yeah?" I asked, placing the laundry basket on the floor.

"Sit." He said, gesturing to the bed as he zipped up his suitcase. I watched as he set it down on the floor by the bed and sat down beside me.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I wanted to talk to you. I've had this idea floating around in my head the last couple of days and I wanted to get your opinion on it."

"Okay." I nodded.

"I really don't like the thought of leaving you alone again, so I talked to Liz and she agreed with me on this. If you're okay with it, Liz is willing to move in with you while I'm away." He said cautiously.

"Really?" I asked, completely surprised.

He nodded. "If you don't want that, it's completely fine, but I think it would be better for you than living here alone. At least until I come back for Christmas. We can see how everything is going and reevaluate. What do you think?"

"I think that sounds great, actually." I said, my face breaking out into a grin. "I wasn't looking forward to being alone again."

"I know. That's why I suggested this. I'll let Liz know you're on board." Niall replied.

I smiled widely and nodded. "Thank you for this. I'm really going to miss you, though."

"I'll miss you too. But remember, only two more months until I'm back for a bit. Then things will be easier after Christmas because I'll be finishing the rest of the tour in America, so it'll be easier for us to talk and I'll be closer if I need to come home."

"Two more months and I get to marry you." I smiled, moving closer to him and wrapping my arms around his neck.

He smiled, placing his hands on my waist. "Two months and I get to call you my wife. It can't come fast enough."

"Do I get any hints as to where we'll be going for the wedding?" I asked.

"Not yet. I'll tell you eventually, but I want to make you wait." He smirked.

"You like seeing me suffer, huh?"

"Of course not, but I do enjoy having something to hold over you. That actually reminds me..." He trailed off, reaching for his wallet. He opened it up, pulling out a credit card and offering it to me.

"What's this for?" I asked, eyeing it confusedly.

"Your dress, obviously." He said casually.

"I can buy my own dress, Ni." I stated.

"I know you can, but I want you to take this and buy whatever makes you happy. I don't care how much it costs." He said, shoving it further towards me.

"As sweet as that is, I really can't take your card." I said, shaking my head.

He sighed. "Why not? When we get married, it'll be OUR card anyway."

"But it isn't yet." I said, smiling softly.

He shook his head, trying to hide his amusement. "You're very stubborn, Ms. Carson."