Maze A

She caught her breath, stopping as they'd finished running through the Blades in Section 7

She caught her breath, stopping as they'd finished running through the Blades in Section 7. Their small group had traveled quite the ways and Minho was surprised everyone was able to keep up, since only three people were Runners. Most of them fell back against the side of the Maze wall with a huff, catching their breath and Teresa comforted a tired Chuck. Addison glanced around, wiping the sweat from her forehead before walking to the front of the group where Minho and Thomas were.

She was followed a boy who'd just entered the Glade and knew less about how the Maze worked than she did. She was throwing her trust and life into the hands of this boy. A boy who seemed fearless, but was scared, and did whatever he could to simply survive and keep pushing further than before. Addison was glad to have her friends, but what pained her most was leaving Gally behind and seeing all the other Gladers' lives lost after so many years there, waiting for an escape.

"All right, we stay close, we stay together, we get through this. We get out now." Thomas glanced to everyone, looking them in the eye. Addison nodded along with the others, holding her spear in hand as she awaited for further instruction. "Or we die trying. Ready?" He asked.

The others nodded and gave him answers as they lifted their spears up. Addison pulled the knife from it's holster on her thigh and brought it to her left hand, holding the heavier weapon in her right. When Thomas turned, they all followed him around the corner into the new passage area. A narrow concrete bridge led the secret door and on either side was a drop to the death. There was a Griever and all together they ran in, yelling and whistling like warriors as they did so.

Addison wasn't afraid, if anything, she was full of energy and excitement. She was ready to get out and escape. She was ready for the nightmare to be over, to move on with her life and be free like every other person. However, she didn't know about the world outside the Maze, she wouldn't know how much harder it would be.

Throwing her spear at the monster, everyone else attacked and screamed, stabbing the Griever repeatedly as they made it a group hustle. Teresa helped Chuck and protected him as they made their way towards the passage while the boys and Addison fought off the Griever. Thomas and Minho had wanted Addison to help Teresa and Chuck, but she refused because she knew she was physically capable of handling the monster just like they could. Newt had smiled to himself then, because it was true.

The Griever's tail came around, grabbing Jeff and threw him off the edge and the boy hollered. The others attempted to reach out and grab him, but it'd been useless. Addison screamed so much, her throat became dry and sore as her arms waved up and down, back and forth, as the wooden spear stabbed the Grieve over and over.

"Push it!" Thomas yelled.

They all got together and pushed the Griever back to the edge with their spears, a few of them stabbing at the beast as it screamed and screeched, it's legs attempting to latch onto the bridge to keep itself alive. Whistle fighting, the key to unlock the door had been tossed from Chuck's hands when he was shoved over. It rolled away towards the edge and Teresa had gone to help him as he almost slid off the side.