Maze A

Thomas had done some brief training before he'd gone to the Map Room with Minho and the cylinder device

Thomas had done some brief training before he'd gone to the Map Room with Minho and the cylinder device. Minho was going to show everything to Thomas about the Maze which included the sections and their patterns, how they worked and when it happened. He explained that he and Addison had done most of the work, with help from all the Runners, too. Before he went out to the Maze, he needed to know everything about it.

Addison was the only other Runner who hadn't quit and Thomas was the new guy. She didn't know where they were going or what they were doing, but she had a feeling that whatever they were doing, it would be good. However, she hadn't joined them on the trip that morning into the Maze to section 7 where the boys believed the Griever had come from. Addison wasn't feeling well that morning, most of the night she tossed and turned. She didn't know what it was.

Fry's stew always made her feel odd and she never knew why. She sat in the shade below one of the shelters, watching Gally and the Builders fix up and build a few new things around camp. She held a wooden bucket in front of her between her legs in case she felt sick. She was hot and her stomach was churning and crying out as she rested. She had wanted to join Minho and Thomas in the Maze, but none of the Keepers wanted her to go, not even Thomas thought it was a good idea.

As it neared noon, Thomas and Minho were inside the Map Room still, looking through patterns. Addison held a grin as she watched the girl, which no one knew her name, throw rocks at the boys as she'd gotten a hold of a machete. She'd climbed up to the top of the lookout tree with a bucket of rocks and the machete as her weapon. The boys had been hit with rocks and used whatever they could get their hands on to shield themselves. The girl hadn't thrown anything at Addison and she kinda smirked.

She was impressed that the girl was smart enough to use the few materials around her for weapons, such as rocks. Addison knew the girl was afraid, the fear poured across her face and her shaky form finished it off. She'd left the bucket aside as she jogged over towards the large grassy area below the lookout tree. Boys yelled for the new girl to stop throwing things as they held onto one another for protection.

"What's goin' on?" Newt asked, slowing his run to a stop as he approached Addison.

She shrugged with a chuckle. "New girl's awake." She pointed, a rock being thrown down and she didn't bother to move as it bounced off a piece of wood and landed on the ground.

"When'd she wake up?"

She rolled her shoulders again. "Dunno, but I'm having a laugh." She laughed, hitting his shoulder. "Oh come on, it's funny, Newt."

"For you maybe, but the boys are being attacked by what? Rocks?" He questioned, his natural frown and creased brows faced looked to her.

"Yes, but good luck. Imma watch from here." She pushed him forward. He stopped and turned to her, grabbing onto her as he didn't want to be pushed out to the action area. 

"Addison." He spoke her name, serious about the situation. She stopped and he ran into her. "Sorry." He unwrinkled his shirt as he pulled the hem down and glanced up. "Where's Thomas and Minho?"

She inhaled deeply. "Map Room probably."

He nods. "Clint. Jeff. Go get Thomas and Minho." He calls out to the two boys. The Med-Jacks ran off.

Addison furrowed her brows. "Why them?"

He shrugged. "She knew Thomas's name, maybe he can talk to her."

"Yes, because a girl to girl conversation isn't ideal." She spoke sarcastically. "I'm feelin' parched, see you after." She backed away. "Hey Newt," He turned and looked to her. "Don't expect me not to laugh when there's a goose egg on your forehead." She laughed and ran off.

"Ah, bloody hell, I won't." He waved his hand before shaking his head with a small smile. She caused the smile with her ridiculous sarcasm. 

Addison sat on a stool in the room Alby was situated in, he was getting worst and worst as time went by. The girl's name was Teresa and Addison had a laugh watching her throw rocks off the edge to the boys. They didn't think girls were trouble until Teresa arrived because Addison was a blast. She wasn't sassy with an attitude, not all the time mind you, and she held a great personality. The boys wondered if Addison could've spoken to the girl and done something, but she hadn't even tried. She enjoyed watching the boys get rocks thrown at them as they ducked and covered wit whatever they could find.

Now, she introduced two vials to Newt with Thomas by her side. She'd passed them to him to look at and both Greenies believed they could use it to save Alby. However, there was a problem because Newt didn't know what they were and he didn't want to risk injecting that into Alby and have him die from it. He wouldn't forgive himself or the two Greenies for it. 

"We don't even know what this stuff is. Who sent it or why it came up here with you. I mean, for all we know, this thing could kill him." Newt spoke.

"He's already dying. Look at him." Thomas pointed and Newt looked over. "How could this make it any worst? Come on, it's worth a try." 

He wasn't too keen on the idea. Addison noticed the look from Thomas, who stood with hands on his hips, wanting to see if that stuff would cure Alby. He wanted it to cure Alby. Addison ran a hand through her hair, pulling it behind her and stood up. She walked the few steps over to Newt, standing shorter than him. "What if it does save him?" She asked, her voice serene and soft. "It can't hurt to try."

Teresa watched, listening to the girl speak. She didn't know there was another girl, she thought she was the first girl, but someone had beat her to. Thomas and Teresa already knew of the people living in the Maze, even Addison. However, with their memories wiped, they'd forgotten all about it. There was something interesting between Newt and Addison, the boy seemed to listen and understand the girl without hesitation or question like he had with Thomas.

"All right," He looked to Alby. "Do it." He passed the vial to Thomas.

Newt folded his arms over his chest as Thomas leaned over Alby, preparing to inject the liquid into the boy and Jeff had stood, waiting and watching as Teresa approached. Addison remained beside Newt, watching quietly. "Okay." He nodded, going to the serum when Alby's hands reached up and grabbed Thomas.

Thomas had fallen onto the boy and Newt ran forward, grabbing Thomas to pull him off with Jeff's help. As the commotion erupted, Teresa had taken the vial and stabbed the boy, who quickly calmed down. 

"Well, that worked." Jeff spoke.

"From now on someone stays here with him and watches him around the clock." Newt spoke up.

Gally entered the room from the door and heads turned. "Hey," He nods. "Sun down, Greenie. Time to go."

Teresa's eyes narrowed, she didn't know where he was going. Thomas turned and walked out of the room. Addison sucked in a deep breath before turning and walking out of the place as well. Newt eyed Jeff and Clint with a nod before he proceeded out of the room as well, going to meet Addison.

"Hey," He grasped her wrist and she spun around, stumbling around to come face to face with him. "Are you all right?"

She nodded. "Why wouldn't I be?" She asked. 

"Just a thought." He shrugged.

"I'm good. Promise." She looked him in the eye.

"All right, sleep well." He spoke before walking off and she turned, going for the hammocks.