Maze A

Most of the camp was gone, there wasn't anything else left

Most of the camp was gone, there wasn't anything else left. Shacks were torn down and piles of sticks remained scattered. Fires hadn't died out yet and Thomas had been thrown into the Pits with Teresa for everything that had happened. Gally was against him and everyone knew it. It was now Gally's way or the highway, he wanted to be in charge and take things back. He wanted everything to go back to the way they were, starting with getting rid of Thomas or keeping him inside the Pits.

Gally wasn't mean, he was simply drawn to the idea of living in the perfect societal society with a bit of communism, where everyone followed the leader and pitched in to help. Where everyone had their own jobs and the entire society worked fine. Gally wanted things back to normal, he did not want to live with liars and people who broke the rules, he was against it and against Thomas. 

Everyone who was left had gone to bed that night as it grew colder and the fires lit the Glade in various sections. The fields were up in flames and gone, they would need to be redone. Addison slept in the bigger hammock near the back where not much damaged was taken. Other boys lied in hammocks and some had made some makeshift beds on the ground with the materials used for hammocks. 

Asleep across a few hammocks, Newt tossed and turned as he was unable to sleep. The Glade was ruined, Alby was gone and Gally had taken over. Although, it wasn't that that was bothering him necessarily, he had woken an hour ago from the dream he had, a nightmare almost, and no matter what he thought of, he couldn't rid the image from his mind. 

He sat up slowly inside his hammock, glancing around at everyone to see who was left and where they were. Rubbing the side of his face, he got up and walked over to one of the hammocks near the back. It was a bigger hammock with a smaller person inside, somehow curled up in a ball with a hand below their head and no blanket covering them. 

"Addison," He spoke her name quietly, shaking the side of the hammock. She stretched slightly, remaining asleep. "Addy?" He questioned.

"Hmm." She mumbled, asleep still.

He didn't want to ask her, not because it would make him look soft, but because it was just odd feeling for him. "Can I join ya?"

She turned her upper body over to see him and rested her head back, her tired eyes meeting his wide awake ones. He was a mess, they all were, and that was a good thing. "Sure." She nodded.

She shuffled over and sat down on the edge, falling into the hammock and she'd sat up so she didn't get squished. Addison got comfortable once again beside him and closed her eyes, awake now from shuffling around and speaking to him. She was still very tried and wanted nothing more than sleep, but she knew he'd been awake for a bit if he was so alert.

She could heard the bugs and tiny creatures making noise as the night was quiet and the fire in the distance crackle and pop as it went wild. Beside her, Newt was warm against her cold skin and she liked the feeling because she was cold, but was too stubborn to have gotten a blanket. Newt however was warm, slightly hot from not being at ease in his own hammock from everything that happened and the nightmare. He couldn't help but think of something entirely different now and it was only occurring because Addison was beside him. 

"Addy?" He whispered.

"Yeah?" She whispered back through her closed eyes.

"I don't know what it is or how to say it, but I got this weird feeling." He began, she remained quiet, listening to him. "It isn't the first time, though. I've felt it before." He spoke with confidence, knowing he'd felt that way before, he just didn't know what it was.

"What's it like?" 

She felt him shrug his shoulders. "This feelin' in my stomach, like a roller coaster almost. Shame I remember that feeling but not this one." He furrowed his brows. "Happens when I'm around you."

She sat up and he got worried he'd said something wrong. He didn't know what was right or wrong when it came to expressing things to a girl. Even though he knew Addison for two and a half years, he never held such a conversation with her before. She wasn't mad at him or upset to have heard that, she was simply surprised.

Surprised because she felt the same feelings, too.

"You aren't mad, are you?" Their accents totally different from one another, from two different countries, yet they understood one another well. They found that one another's accents were cool, and attractive.

She shook her head and brought a piece of hair behind her ear. "Why would I be mad if I feel the same feeling? I don't quite know what it is, but it happens when I'm with you." She found herself smiling a little. "I don't know," She shrugged, looking away to hide her face. "It's weird."

"Very weird." He agreed.

Addison turned her head back, looking to Newt briefly before she leaned over to him and placed her thumb and fingers to his chin. She pulled his chin down towards as she closed the gap between them and parted her lips. They kissed his lips, a quick peck last no longer than a few seconds. She pulled a few inches away, waiting for him to say something or for her to have enough confidence to pull back and face him. 

However, that didn't happen when he sat up from lying down, kissing her back.Her lips met his again as she engaged into the kiss they shared together and his hand had been set to the side of her face. His hand was warm against the side of her cold face that flushed a deep red. He was a bit shy about it, but because it was Addison, it took him a few seconds to escape the shyness. 

It was a new feeling to the two of them, something neither of them had felt before and they both didn't think they ever would with living in the Maze. They both knew how kissing worked, it was something natural that every person knew how to do. Whether they were good or not, they both didn't have memories of kissing people, whether it was their parents, close friends and family, or a love interest from the past.

She pulled back and her eyes fluttered open as she met his eyes. Neither of them knew what to say or do, it was just odd, but good. It was a fun kind of weird. She found herself biting her lower lip in nervousness as she turned away to hide her face away, smiling to herself. Newt lied his head back, keeping the smile hidden as he turned to face the other way. He was still processing what had happened, but either way, it made him feel different. A good kind of different.

Addison lied back down beside him, lying on her side with her back against his side and a hand below her head as she thought in silence. As the night had went on, it grew colder before morning came and Newt had slept peacefully the rest of the night with Addison by his side. By morning, she was on her stomach and he his back. Her arm had been draped across his chest, not even knowing about it, and he head was placed on the hammock's fabric beside him.

Many boys had many thoughts running their mind. Especially because if was their second in command boy, who generally was serious and as often as he showed compassion and care for everyone and to everyone, it was different with Addison. Very different that questions were thought. Gally had left them alone, gathering a few boys to discuss the next step for the course of the next few days.