Maze A

Addison hid behind one of the trees for a brief moment

Addison hid behind one of the trees for a brief moment. She hadn't spoken to Elizabeth in two days. That day being the second. She didn't know what had happened, but she had last heard two words from her and nothing else. They were:

We're out.

Addison didn't know what that meant at first, but then realized that Elizabeth had been freed from the Maze and escaped. Now, she wanted to be free and she wanted to go meet up with Elizabeth, however she was stuck in a bad time. 

Grievers were flooding the Glade as they snatched up any boy they could. Their mechanical bodies screeched and their wails were ear piercing. Boys ran around with torches, attempting to scare the Grievers but that wasn't working. She had a torch, but one of the Grievers had jumped at her and she'd lost it, not sure where it was now. The shelters were in tact, but soon they wouldn't be. 

She had lost the others a little while ago and was now doing this herself. She was using her fear to her advantage as she ran around by herself with fear plastered across her face. She was a sweating mess and she tried not to yell and scream because it would give away where she was. Closing her eyes, she took in a deep breath before pushing away from the tree and grabbed the spear off the ground. Holding it out in front of her, she ran across the Glade to where a few boys were.

She didn't know what she was doing or how to kill a Griever. Addison was expecting this to be a bloody massacre where everyone, even herself, would end up dead. They weren't aware of how Grievers worked, how they killed other than by a sting. They didn't know if they bit or attacked groups of people. They didn't know if there was a button somewhere on their bodies to shut them down. And because they didn't know, it only brought fear because the only place they were known to be safe was no longer safe.

Addison noticed Grievers above the corn field were Gladers ran out with hollers in a group, it's tail had grabbed someone and thrown them into the Maze wall. That person most likely dead and Addison winced at the thought. Behind her, someone had ran into her and she stumbled forward, thankfully catching her balance.

The Glade was no longer home. She didn't know what it was anymore, but she was lost in everything. She didn't feel at ease anymore knowing Grievers had just invaded and now her best friend, female, had possibly escaped her Maze and she lost contact with her. She wanted to bury herself and cry, but there were bigger things to deal with first.

"Addison!" Someone called her name.

She spun around, seeing Teresa running with her arm in the air as she waved it around. She wasn't running too quickly, being pushed forward by Thomas as the group ran off towards the Gathering. She locked eyes with Newt and swallowed hard, her eyes darting away as a Griever tore through the corn Maze with it's screeching wails. She glanced back, seeing them closer to the Gathering.

"Hurry!" Teresa yelled.

Addison shook her head, running off with her spear by her side. The Griever noticed the group of people and headed for them. She stopped shortly, seeing a few rocks, and picked them up. She tried creating a diversion as she threw them at the Griever. Only to have the Griever come for her now and she gasped with wide eyes and mouth agape. Running off, she about tripped when Newt had met her halfway, catching her, and ran back with her towards the Gathering.

He ran in after her and they all stood in a group together. Addison walked over to Chuck and brought a hand to his shoulder as she asked if hew as fine, which he nodded to. Although the fear in his eyes and his red cheeks gave away that he was scared, just like everyone else there. However, they were all able to push through it and try to fight off the Grievers.

No one knew what was going on or why the Grievers were out, but hiding was their best and only option. There wasn't a way out, which meant trying to hide and survive inside the Glade was the best option. Addison wanted everything to be over and done with. The Grievers were everywhere, they kept coming and weren't stopping as they grabbed people and killed them, stinging them and took their lives.

Addison's head shot around when a Griever had hit the outside of the shack, causing it to creak a bit. She held her spear up, looking around as she kept her eyes open. Everyone ducking here and there for protection. The Griever was loud as it looked around, waiting to see someone. It knew there were people inside and Thomas advised everyone keep away from the edges of the shack to keep safe.

They didn't know where it was gonna where or when it gonna attack, it's long scorpion like tail was dangerous. Addison followed Newt and Fry up the dirt packed seating ledges, she kept her spear up for protection as Newt held a machete and Fry had a fry pan in hand, classic kitchen ware. Her breath hitched, it was quick and uneven as she stumbled into Newt's side.

Before they knew it, it's scorpion like tail shot through the roof inside, attempting to grab at anyone it could find or sense. They all got spooked and shuffled around the inside. Addison was feeling herself getting hotter by the moment as everything was getting more surreal and alive.  When it didn't find anyone, it tore down the roof as it collapsed onto everyone and Addison fell down below some sticks and wood.

She was dug out by Thomas and Minho, coughing from the dust particles before getting back to her feet. Newt glanced around as the tail shot back inside and they all aimed their weapons to the Griever. "Chuck!" Thomas called as it grabbed the boy.

They grabbed onto him and Alby had gotten beside the Griever's tail, hammering a piece of wood down onto it's tail as it screamed and screeched. Chuck managed to be free and when they thought the Griever had settled, it came right back inside and grabbed Alby. Thomas and the boys grabbing Alby before he could be taken, however Alby knew he belonged to the Maze and wanted them to let him go. 

Addison had grabbed onto Minho's side, helping to pull him back. "Thomas, get them out!" 

Thomas fell back when the force was too much and Alby was whisked away. Everyone fell back as Alby was gone. Chuck held onto the Griever's stinger, which they'd gotten from Alby beating down on the Griever. As the Griever, they followed Thomas out the door of what used to be their Gathering hall, which was now a pile of sticks.

Addison turned on her boots, noticing there weren't too many Grievers as they screeched and wailed their back into the Maze. She caught her breath and allowed her eyes to close for a few seconds before opening them. She didn't know if they were out of the danger zone yet, but she wasn't going to give up. The entire place was on fire, it was no longer a home and there no boys running around. Either they were hidden or they'd all been taken or killed.

"Where is everybody?" Chuck asked. 

Addison stood beside Teresa, who took in a shaky breath as three people came walking from across the Glade through the smoke, barely visible as the night was dark. "Gal-" Thomas hadn't managed to get out when Gally had thrown a punch square to Thomas's face.

He went down like a limp cooked noodle and Gally began to go at it as if this were all Thomas's fault. All their hard work down the drain and gone, all of them having to fight for their lives because Grievers were let out, the entire place was ruined and most of all, half the boys were dead. 

The boys grabbed onto Gally, holding him back as Teresa went for his aid and Addison stepped back quietly, watching. She was saddened by it all and she wasn't shocked when Gally had thrown a punch to Thomas, it was expected. "Back up, guys! It's not Thomas's fault."

"You heard what Alby said!" Gally shouted. "He's one of them! They sent him here to destroy everything!" He continued.

He continued and that was when Thomas had grabbed the stringer from Chuck and stabbed himself in the thigh. He fell almost immediately and the boys had let Gally go as they went to help Thomas. Addison shook her head, this wasn't how things were supposed to be, let alone end if that was the end. Gally sent her a look, to which she disregarded and turned walking off. She didn't know what was left of the Homestead, their hammocks and beds, the kitchen, anything, but she went somewhere other than there.