Maze A

Minho and Thomas had gone into the Maze that morning and the doors were bound to close soon

Minho and Thomas had gone into the Maze that morning and the doors were bound to close soon. Addison had been told by Minho to stay behind that day. He sad he and Thomas had plans to go into the Maze with the device to check out section 7 where the Griever had come from. She didn't argue against it, as much as she hated being told what to do and when to do it, she obeyed the rules. She wanted to go out with Minho and Thomas to be part of it so she wasn't stuck inside the Glade all day, but she listened to her Keeper and remained in the Glade.

Teresa remained on her own most of the day as she bummed around, still having thoughts about the weird place. Without Thomas there, she didn't know who to talk to or what to do. No one really knew what to think of her. She was a girl, not the first one, yet they still didn't know what to do or say. Even thought Addison was a girl and around the Glade, Teresa hadn't gone to speak to her. She observed that Addison had good connections with every boy there, she was a strong girl in the Glade among all boys. She was fearless and courageous.

As the Maze began to shift and made sounds, Addison's brows furrowed and face scrunched up in ponder. She stared out the small window in the Homestead, trying to see what was going on, but didn't have a clear enough view. Most of the boys from the Glade had gathering around the doors as they waited, watched, and listened. The Maze shuffled around inside, rock against rock moved Addison wondered why it did so during the day.

"Why's it doing that?" The Gladers asked the few Runners.

They all shrugged in unison. "Don't know." One answered.

Water puddles scattered the rocky surface inside the Maze. "What the hell's goin' on out there?" Newt asked.

"What's going on now, Thomas?" Gally asked as Minho and Thomas walked between the group of Gladers and Newt walked alongside them.

Gally turned, who shook his head, and followed. "I think we found something. A new passage, it could be a way out." Thomas explained.

"Really?" Newt asked, gobsmacked. 

"It's true. We opened a door. Something I'd never seen before. I think it must be where the Grievers go during the day." Minho implied as they walked back, the two boys still catching their breaths.

"Wait, you found the Griever's home and want us to go in?" Chuck asked, kinda baffled what they were saying.

"Their way in could be our way out, Chuck." Thomas told the young boy.

Gally, who clearly wasn't impressed about this. Addison felt a little upset,sitting in the room with Teresa. She felt betrayed almost, because her job was a Runner, yet Minho didn't want her in the Maze. She felt useless in a way and like Thomas had replaced her.

The girls were inside the Homestead, keeping an eye on Alby as Clint and Jeff had gone out with the boys to check out the Maze's entrance for Minho and Thomas. She held a small conversation with Teresa, nothing too open and simple minded things were discussed as she surveyed her sick leader.

Addison stood up from her seat, Alby was coming to from his coma state. Teresa's eyes widened and she glanced over to Addison, who was on her feet. The girl was dirtier than she was and Teresa wondered how the girl sported shorts in the Glade filled with bugs and managed to have a holster tightened around her thigh where a knife was. 

Alby didn't say anything as Addison went to help him sit up, but he refused her help. He was completely in tact, however, some things were new to him. He remembered everything and knew who everyone was, except he also knew of some new information. Information he didn't like and wasn't too certain about. The Changing allowed him to see different things from the past, images had flashed before him, he'd gotten a brief summary of everything and din't like ir, not knew what to say or do.

"Alby?" She spoke, her eyes wide with worry. "Can you hear me? It's Addy." He crossed his arms over his chest, feet placed on the ground, and looked in the opposing direction. She sighed and then looked over Alby's shoulder to Teresa. "Go get Newt and the others."

With a nod, Teresa jogged off to go find them. 

"Or there could be a dozen Grievers on the other side. Truth is, Thomas doesn't know what he's done as usual." Gally spoke up.

"Yeah, well," Thomas began and turned quickly on his feet, approaching Gally. "At least I did something. I mean what have you done, Gally, besides from hiding behind these walls all the time? And Addison even goes out there."

"Leave her out of this." Newt was behind Thomas with Minho, watching with arched brows. "Let me tell you something, Greenie, you been here three days. All right, I been here three years-"

"Yeah, you been here three years and you're still here, Gally. What does that tell you? Maybe you should start doing something-" 

"Maybe you..." Gally trailed off as Thomas bickered back.

"Guys." Teresa called, butting in. "Guys!" She called a bit louder. They all turned, their bickering lowering to a minimum. "It's Alby. He's awake."

The boys followed her back to the Homestead where Alby was with Addison. She was lowered on the ground, her toes keeping her up, as she looked at the boy, wanting to know more, but he wouldn't say anything. Newt walked in first with Minho and Teresa in tow. "Has he said anything?" Minho asked.

"No." Teresa answered.

"Alby," Newt approached, lowering a hand to Addison's shoulder and she glanced over to him from Alby. "You all right?" He took his seat on the edge of the cot, leaning forward to look at Alby, who didn't say a word. 

His eyes were watery, barely noticeable and Thomas stepped forward, crouching down next to the Cot and Newt. Addison looked over to him, wondering what he needed to say. "Hey, Alby...Alby, we might've just found a way out of the Maze. You hear me? We could be gettin' out of here."

"I can't." He spoke quietly, shaking his head very little. Addison glanced away from Thomas, wondering what he meant by finding a way out. She and the Runners had searched the entire Maze already. "I can't leave. They won't let us."

"What're you talking about?" Thomas asked, unclear of what he meant. "I remember." The boys behind the cot looked to one another in ponder. 

"What do you remember?"

"You." Alby spoke, looking over to the boy as his arms remained crossed. Thomas's flushed into confusion, not sure why his name was mentioned. "You're always their favorite, Thomas. Always. Why did you do this?" He asked, tears coming down his face now. "Why did you come here?"

Outside, boys were heard hollering and talking. Addison didn't know what Alby was getting at, but she too remembered seeing Thomas in one of her past dreams. She thought it was a fluke, but everyone in a dream she'd met before, stranger to her or not. However, she didn't want to say anything. It would give Gally another reason to want to banish Thomas and for herself to become the next target. 

Thomas stood up as Alby leaned forward and brought his elbows to his knees and head down as he cried. Newt got up next and Addison had already gotten up, using Newt's knee as leverage as she whipped around the end of the cot, heading outside. 

"Hey, what's going on?" Thomas asked.

"The doors. They aren't closing."

Boys ran around with torches and Addison skidded to a stop. Her eyes widened when she noticed Grievers inside the Glade, the doors weren't closing. None of the four were and boys were panicking. Some had never seen a Griever before and the Runners were petrified since they'd already quit and didn't want to be next out the door. 

"Addison!" Newt called her name as she ran off, finding something to use as a weapon to help the brave boys fight off the Grievers.

Deep down, she was scared, but she used that fear against the creatures and to her advantage.