Chapter 3

Monday is finally here. After four days of trying not to think about him and focus on my other classes, the day was here. Though my plan revolved around making him look like a fool in front of the class, with some thinking, I decided to change my plan. Since I'm teaching four of his classes and two of them are at night, with the advanced creative writing class being last, that was a perfect time to put myself on his radar. I had no details of what I was going to do, I was going to wing it. But I sure as hell wasn't going to blow it after the many dreams I had these past few days. 

I took the shuttle to get to his class. It was on the opposite side of the campus from where my dorm room was and it took around ten minutes with stops to get there. The commute to his class didn't bother me because I always left my dorm an hour before I was supposed to get there. It gave me time to write some words for my current novel on my laptop on the way there. I exited the shuttle walked to the English building, stopping in front of the steps. Today was the day. I adjusted my outfit, light blue jean overalls with a mint green shirt under it, paired with white tennis shoes. I was going to be myself. No use getting on his radar being someone else, only for him to be uninterested with my true self. As I walked into the building, the cold air hit me in the face, making me grit my teeth to hold back a shiver. Why is this building always cold? It wasn't even that hot outside. Grumbling to myself, I walked down the semi-crowded hall, looking for Professor Arnault's room. His room was at the end of the hall and I made it there, pausing. A small plaque was glued to his door that had his name on it. 

Killian Arnault. 

Taking in a deep breath to calm the small nerves that I was surprisingly getting, I opened the door, revealing the cause of my naughty dreams, my restless nights. He was sitting at his large brown desk, gold rimmed glasses sitting on his perfect tan nose, fingers destroying his laptop keys. His dark curls were pulled back into a low ponytail, indicating that he was very concentrated on what he was doing. 

"Afternoon Professor Arnault." I broke the silence as I closed the door. 

"Afternoon." He greeted me, deep voice coming out soft and distracted. He didn't look up at me, which was the norm. This was our routine. I come in and greet him. He greets me back, not paying me any attention, then I sit at the small desk by his large one and write words for my novel until it's time for class to begin. I made my way to the desk, placing my backpack on the side of his large desk and pulled out my laptop. I sat down and opened my laptop, pulling up my file for my novel. I tried to write some words, but I couldn't concentrate at all. He was wearing a new cologne, a delicious musky, dark scent that filled my nostrils and sent shivers down my spine. Glancing up at him, I took in what he was wearing. He had on a baby blue polo tee, all three buttons buttoned up to his thick neck. 

The short sleeves squeezed the muscles of his arms, accentuating them and the tattoo curled around his right one. I pulled my lip between my teeth as my eyes roamed the rest of his body, taking in his dark blue jeans that hugged his thighs, slightly tight around his calves. My lip started to hurt and I let it go, not realizing I started biting hard on it. I rubbed my bottom lip and let out a very soft sigh as my eyes went back up his body and landed on his hair. His beautiful curls that sat at the base of his neck in the ponytail, just begging to be let go. I would gladly let it go from its bind, running my hands through them if needed, maybe give them a little yank...I need help. 

Turning back to my laptop, I focused on writing words. I'm currently writing a romance novel. Yeah, romance. A person who has no idea what a healthy relationship looks like, never been in love, and doesn't care to ever be in love. Me, trying to write romance. I am actually pretty good at it, it's not that hard really. I was starting with the basics, being friends. That's how I would do it at least if I were to ever fall in love. Be friends first, get to know each other, let the love slowly build so that it's so passionate, the love is forever. Something like that at least. I'm still on the friends part of my story. I had about forty minutes until class started, so I wrote for about twenty minutes before shutting my laptop.