8 - Christmas night

Start from the beginning

"Penelope!" You stood up and called over to the girl. "Fancy joining us?" The girl nodded as she picked up her plate and hurried to join you all.

"I despise every single one of you." Percy muttered but then switched to a cheery voice as Penelope as she sat next to Ginny.

"Hello, Penny." Percy smiled.

"Hello Perc, I didn't think I'd be seeing much of you today." She smiled sweetly.

"No likewise." He smiled at her.

"So Penelope, how long have you and Percy been together?"

"They were together when the chamber of secrets was reopened. I saw them sneaking around with one another all the time. I told you all not to tease him!" Ginny spoke up

"Ginny!" Percy yelled.

"Oh, we've been together for over a year now."

"Oh really?" George smirked.

"Yes, and Perc has told me so much about you all." She smiled.

"All good things I hope." You smiled back at her.

"For the most part." She winked at you. "I heard you're all on the Quidditch team."

"Me, Fred, Harry and (y/n) are." George answered.

"Perc and I have a bet."

"Oh really?" Fred asked.

"If you beat Ravenclaw I owe Percy 10 Galleons."

"Well, brother it looks as if you're going to be 10 Galleons richer very soon." Fred laughed.

"I wouldn't be so sure, we have an amazing seeker." She said.

"We have Harry Potter." You smirked.

The rest of the dinner included you all talking about the school year and getting as much information from Penelope about her and Percy's relationship. You could definitely get away with so much now you knew. Once you had finished eating you got up to leave and headed to the common room.

"Ron, what are you doing?" You asked the redhead boy as he and Harry started to pile some leftover treats into their pockets and hands. 

"I'm getting us all more treats." 

"It's not like we don't have enough upstairs, mum sent us all tons." Fred replied. 

"You can never have too much food." The boys smiled as they grabbed more treats for the evening.

Eventually, you all headed back up to the common room and in typical Weasley fashion the twins stole Percy's badge and took off with it. All of you were eating your cakes and treats that Mrs Weasley had sent you and the ones Ron and Harry stole from the Great Hall when McGonagall burst through the portrait.

"So that's it, is it?" She came in and pointed at your and Harry's firebolts that Ron and Harry were holding. "What about the twins?"

"What about them?"

"Where are their firebolts?"

"How did you know?" You looked over to Hermione who had now hidden her face behind a book. She must have heard you giving them to the boys. "I gave them to the boys. I bought them those for Christmas. They aren't jinxed!"

"Miss Granger has just informed me that you both have been sent a broomstick." Hermione had now started to turn bright red as she attempted to hide her face with her book which was upside down. "May I?" She took both broomsticks and starred inspecting them.