"He wasn't supposed to be at the Delta Kappa Zeta party either, but Hobi hyung convinced him to go. He can do it again."

Taehyung's out of bed in a matter of seconds, and diving for his closet. He rummages through it, pulling out articles of clothing, some of them landing on Jimin. Jimin pulls the leather jacket off his head and smirks.

"So, does that mean you'll go?"

Taehyung peaks his head out. "Jimin, leave. I need to prepare!"

--

Taehyung doesn't get nervous, as a general rule. He has nothing to be nervous about. He's an out-there kind of person, and at this point, no one questions him when he wears shirts with the elbow hacked off, or dyes his hair purple.

But tonight, Taehyung is nervous. Jeongguk makes him nervous. He's good at hiding it, he thinks, but on the inside, he's practically shaking. He gets to see Jeongguk relatively often, but it always makes his day when they get to meet up, every time just as special as the first.

So he sits on the kitchen counter, holding a cup of lukewarm beer that he hasn't taken a single sip of, leg jittering nervously, eyes darting to the door every time someone new comes in.

The party's in full swing by the time Jeongguk shows up, and Taehyung had half given up on even seeing him here tonight, but he hears a chorus of "Jeongguk!"'s and his head whips up so fast he's sure he's pulled a muscle in his neck.

The cup in his hand crinkles from how hard he grips it, blush blooming on his cheeks. Hoseok latches onto Jeongguk easily, pulling him into the kitchen for a drink, and, upon seeing Taehyung there, slides out, winking as he goes.

"Hey, Taehyung," Jeongguk says, looking a little dazed.

Taehyung beams at him, trying to keep his cool. "Hey, Jeongguk! Didn't think you'd come tonight," And he wishes he didn't sound so desperate.

Jeongguk looks so nice tonight, in a black sweatshirt, dark jeans, and a beanie pulled over his hair. Taehyung can smell the cologne, and wills himself not to openly drool at how well the sweatshirt stretches across his shoulders.

"Hoseok hyung made me come," he says, face scrunching up a bit in obvious annoyance. He shoots Taehyung a shy look that doesn't match his Sex God persona. "But. I'm glad I came."

"Me too!" Taehyung says, smile widening. Jeongguk had this funny way of making him feel so special, watching him like he was the only person in the room, even now, in Hoseok's crowded apartment. "You can keep me company!"

Jeongguk laughs, a deep, throaty sound that Taehyung feels under his skin. He walks over to lean his side against the counter Taehyung is sitting on. "That, I can definitely do."

--

They end up talking for the good part of an hour, Taehyung regaling Jeongguk with a dramatic rendition of how he'd almost lost his entire term paper for his sociology class, and Jeongguk talks about the interesting patients that come into the medical clinic he's been volunteering at.

Jeongguk laughs at everything Taehyung says, genuinely, with his eyes crinkling at the corners in amusement. And when he gets comfortable, he opens up to Taehyung, shyly offering up snippets of his own life, and Taehyung files them away in his mind greedily.

It had been two years since they'd met, through the dance crew-- Jeongguk was a prodigy freshman, and Taehyung didn't dance, but Jimin did, and where one went, the other followed. It had taken the good part of a year to get on speaking terms with Jeongguk, who, Taehyung realized quickly, was painfully shy.