4: Who is Ana?

Her coffee was all over the floor now and the mug was now in numerous pieces.

“Nannie. Nan are you alright? Are you hurt?" Adeline almost jumped off her seat. She was too panicked.

“Y-Yes. Th-There’s nothing wrong. My hand just hit it a-accidently. It was already on the edge.” She was trying her best to hide her panicked expressions but Adeline could see her terrified face. She was eyeing the broken pieces which were scattered all across the floor.

“I sh-should clean th-this mess” Her voice was trembling badly.

“No. I will clean it. You need some rest nannie. Come with me, let me take you to your room, you’re too exhausted.” She helped her in standing and took her to the room.

“Here take my Coffee” She said after placing the mug on the bedside table.

“No dear. Just bring me my medicines with warm water” Adeline put the blanket over her Grandma. She nodded and went back to the kitchen to get the medicines. She made sure her grandma takes the right medicines and then sat beside her.

"My dear. Since you've been really curious, I want to tell you something. In-Infact I- um. Please forgive me for letting you live in that manor." A single tear left her eye.

Seems like Granny already knew it.

"I don't understand. Nannie?" She asked softly as she swept the tear from her wrinkled face.

"Dearie, I know there is risk involved in letting you live there but you need to know the truth." She sounds apologetic. "I let you jump into this dark hole even though I knew about it being a cursed place." Her eyes welled up with tears again.

Adeline was just listening to her quietly.

"Ana Darling. I just wanted you to have what's yours. Its been closed since 1963. But now, now I want you to live in there and create a family of your own. I am being selfish here but please live there, for me. And help other souls find a way to live a good life too." "Only you can do it. Change it into a home. Convert the darkness into happiness and make it alive with your presence. It belongs to you Adeline Carter."

It was the first time she called her by her full name.

Miss Minerva slept a sound sleep after taking her medicines.

Adeline went up to her old room, It was still the same. She'd been keep moving on from one place another that almost all of her childhood stuff went missng. She spend her childhood in Canada, and then in her teenage, she started visiting her Grandma in Townsend, Georgia. And now here she left her Townsend bedroom too. I am a big girl now. I have a whole manor to myself wow. Its scary. It actually is.

She opened her closet and put out a carton, one after another, after 20 minutes of hard work, she finally found her missing books.

"Huh. Finally!" She exclaimed.

She collected her books and heaved a deep sigh as she laid down on her vintage bed for some minutes.

While packing the cartons she saw some albums. She sat on the edge of her bed and looked through them. One of the albums was of her childhood because she had seen it numerous times back when she used to live here with her Grandma. She opened the other one, on the first page she saw a baby girl wearing a pink flared frock standing somewhere in a garden. In the bottom of the page was written 'Hannah Gabriel'. She closed it immediately when she heard her Granny calling her from downstairs. There were two more albums on the table, both had a blue velvet cover on it. She put them all back from where she got them.