2: How to Trust?.

Adeline was numbed with fear, she was sweating. She couldn't handle herself any longer and that's when her senses came back to her. She ran as fast as her leg could. After coming inside she locked the entrance door and ran to her room and locked that too. Running her hands into her hair, she started looking into her surroundings she was getting mad. The thought of the sight was eating her from inside.

Her hands were still shaking as she ran her fingers on the sheets in search of her mobile. She grabbed it tightly into her hand once she found it. And dial the number of Police station with her shaky fingers. She was still sweating and she felt like her heart was in her neck.

She called the police. Soon someone picked up the phone.

"Atlanta Police Department. How may I help-" an inspector tried to complete his sentence when he was cut off by Adeline.

"P-Please I need help. There happened a m-mu-" she was trying to speak but she couldn't. Her voice was shivering. She was perspired from head to toe.

"Calm down Ma'am. Tell us your house address." The inspector asked the house address.

"2024-C Alston Drive, near the-" She stopped as her gaze moved upward. She could hear faded music coming from the study that was just above her room.

Have you ever felt sad or lonely?
Have you ever felt that?

"Why'd you stop? Tell it hurry up!" He shouted from the phone.

"Alston Drive, near the East Lake!" She said so quickly. Her eyes were still on the ceiling. Her throat dried.

"Meadow house?. That haunted manor?" He asked terrifyingly.

"What haunted? I don't know what are you talking about! Just come to this address. Please" she said as she cut the line.

And if you don't know where to go.

She was breathing heavily. Adeline unlocked the door and moved into the hallway. The sound of the music came closer and become more cleared.

I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE TO START.
KILL YOURSELF, IT WILL ONLY TAKE A MINUTE.
YOU'LL BE HAPPY THAT YOU DID IT.

She froze at the lyrics. She was sure that it was coming from the study. She was standing in the centre of the hall and looking up at the door, her heart was beating hard inside her ribcage.

She was too scared but her curiosity also came there and she made her way to the stairs from the right side. She took two steps when the loud wave of song reached her ears and caused a sharp pain like something warning her not to go there. But she didn't stop and took more steps. Sound was getting higher.

KILL YOURSELF, REALLY, YOU SHOULD DO IT.
THERE REALLY NOTHING TO IT!

She reached upstairs and made her way towards the study slowly. But she stop when she saw extreme darkness around the study. She was drawing near the handle when she saw an illusion of a girl. It seemed like she was trying to say something to her. In the meantime the bell rang aloud. I forget about the backyard. That's more important.

She ran downstairs towards the entrance door. As she was about to open the door the song stopped and silence filled the house.

She opened the door with a thud. Three police inspectors were standing there.

"What's the matter?" Inspector asked her with a rough tone.

"A murder happened in my backyard" she said.