3: Miss Minerva's lil' Secret.

She made her way towards the study from the left side. It grew louder on her every step. She reached to the upper portion. And she walked to the study tardily.

THOUGHT WE BELONGED TOGETHER
AT LEAST THAT'S WHAT YOU SAID
I SHOULD'VE KNOWN BETTER.
YOU BROKE MY HEART AGAIN.

She was now standing in front of the door. She moved her hand for the handle and grabbed it with shaky fingers. It was cold as ice and It send a shiver down her spine. She dragged the handle in downwards direction. Sweat was all over her face now. Her beating heart made her nervous. But her curiosity got over the fear and she pushed it with a thud. Meanwhile the song stopped and a sharp silence caused pain in her ears.

Seriously?

There was no signs of any human or ghost like thing. Nothing was abnormal, everything was placed like it was before. Except for the record which was set to play in the Golden Gramophone but she ignored it and walked slowly, examining everything closely to find any signs of a human presence. She made her way towards the desk that she didn't checked when she was shifting. She sat on the armchair and tried to open the drawers but all were locked. She was disappointed and was going to stand from the armchair when her gaze fell on the small cupboard in the corner of the desk. She tried on that as well and it opened luckily as it wasn't locked. She saw some papers so she grab them quickly and spread them across the table. "Georgia Police Station?" She was astonished to see the heading that was printed on most of the papers. Her eyes fell on a paper so she lifted it up to read.

Murder Case:
On 17th of December, Miss Noel Edward's fiancé, Thomas Gabriel went missing along with Dalton Graham, It is stated that in the backyard of Meadow Nook, Dalton was murdered by the hands of Thomas Gabriel as per found proof whereas our team has investigated the site and has found proofs that goes against Thomas Gabriel. I, George Williams, too got some handprints of him. So I request the court to proceed this case, find Thomas Gabriel. And sentence him to death.
Thank you,
Inspector George Williams,
Head of Station, Townsend.

And in the end there was a stamp. She noticed the year which was mentioned on the stamp. '1963?'

It was 17th of December yesterday! Oh My God!

Who's Noel?
Where is her now?
What happened to Dalton?
Who is Thomas Gabriel
Where is he now?
George Williams? He must be known at the police station!.

There were some more papers, she ran her hand roughly on the paper to find something considerable and there she stopped when she saw a wrinkled old picture. Two men standing shoulder to shoulder, smiling. They seemed in their 20's. Both of them were handsome. They seemed friends. She looked at the picture one last time and put the papers including the picture in her bag. She checked the cupboard before standing and there she saw a wrist watch in the corner. She didn't dare to touch it with her bare hands so she put out a small cloth from her bag. She grabbed it and lift the wrist watch with the cloth. It was the wrist watch of a man. She looked at the watch with scanning eyes before folding it into cloth and zipped inside the bag. She walked out after cleaning the desk and shut the door firmly. She came downstairs and walked out.