17•Regret

Jiddah's POV

I stayed up till 3am waiting for him yesterday but he didn't come back, I was worried about him but when he came back today arround 2pm he went straight to his room, this is 4pm already and he's still inside.

"The Master just came out of his room" Hanifah,the maid came in and told me. "Okay thanks" I smiled. I tied my scarf and went down to meet him.

"Yusuf" I called, "Yes?" He answered. "How are you?" I asked, "I'm good" he gulped a drink. "Okay" I took a sit beside him. "Where did you spend the night?" I asked concerned, "And how is that your concern?" I was taken aback by his response.

Yusuf has suddenly changed, he doesn't look at me in that charming way he use to, and now even his words has changed. "I..I..was just worried about you, am I not supposed to as your wife?"

"Hhh...Wife..wife...you see, you are just a wife" he looked at me.

"So maintain that position, okay Jiddah?" I was confused,what is wrong with Yusuf, he was never like this, I mean when he use to visit in the village, he was all sweet and caring, why the sudden change.

"Let me make this clear so you don't cross your boundaries next time. Jiddah you are nothing but a wife to me, a wife I Married so I can make my parents happy and get the MD position in our company, come to think of it, what will a young handsome Engineer do with a dirty village girl like you!"That came to me like the sound of a thunder, Ya Allah what have I gotten myself Into, does that mean he never loved me?.

"Clean those tears cause I won't get moved by them, just so you know, I'm not changing my lifestyle because of you, I was with my squad yesternight" he smiled and left.

I stood there for about 10 minutes before I was able to gather up my thoughts. What is Yusuf saying?, He doesn't love me,is he going to treat me like a trash in his house?. I went up to my room and cried till I couldn't hear myself anymore.

what will a young handsome Engineer do with a dirty village girl like you!

His words kept coming back to me. Then I was tricked into this this marriage thing, I'm just a shade that will protect him from his Parents scolding and fulfill his career but I love Yusuf, I love him, oh Lord!, I cried.

Three Weeks Later

"Ma'am Master is calling you" Hanifa called. "He's calling me?" I asked. "Yes, he's in his room" she said and left. He hasn't been talking to me, he hardly spends the night at home, we've never even had a deep conversation like a normal couple.

"Assalamu Alaikum" I knocked."Come in!" He yelled. I pushed the door and went in, "Yusuf?!" I put my both hands on my chest.

"W.. what?!" He moved close to me. "Yusuf what are you doing?, Is this Alcohol?" I asked. "Y..yes..you want some" he laughed. Whom did I marry??

"Come here" he pointed at me, "No, please it's okay, you've had enough" I collected the glass cup from him. "I said come here" he dragged me closer to him.

"We've been married for..for..a year now" he laughed, uhgg the smell is awful.

'No Yusuf, it's Just th..th..ree weeks sin..ce we got marr..ied" I stammered. "O.. okay..so how many times have we had s*x?" He smirked, how embarrassing.

"Once or twice...ohh uncountable" he laughed. "No, we've ne...ver" I said, I'm scared. "Then let's have our first night right here okay" he kissed my neck.

"No..no.." I cried,"Hey calm down, it won't hurt a bit, it's not even...like you're a virgin, "I'm going to get what is mine, what I bought with my own money!" He yelled.