22•The False Alibi

Chapter Dedicated to meerah228❤️she called me yesterday night and ushered me to update, or should I say threatened me to update😂🥺

Jiddah's POV

We started our first semester exams this week, and today been Thursday marks the fifth day. Azeemah is spending the night here so we can study together, she's really good and has been of great help.

"I'm feeling sleepy gaskia, let's continue tomorrow morning" she yawned, "same here wllhi let's sleep early so we can wake up on time" I covered the books. I'm so tired, ya Allah.

"We tried ai, it's 1:30am already, we'll wake up by 5 and continue" she grabbed her phone. "Madam you said you were sleepy" I eyed her. "Haa I just want to send him a goodnight message" she winked. Azeemah's lovelife is interesting and funny, they call each other more than 7times in a day, not to talk of the messages they exchange. "Goodnight Babe" she said to me and covered her self with the blanket. I went to Habibah's room to check up on maryam and met her fast asleep, I know she's asleep but I can't sleep without seeing her.

I remember how much I cried when I became pregnant and termed the pregnancy as bad luck to me, but actually it isn't, it's a blessing to me, Maryam is now my flesh and blood, she's the most loved person in my life. though I'm sad about how she came to existence, I still believe the fact that everything happens for a reason, I'll protect her and make sure she gets the love and care I never got in shaa Allah. Allahu yubarik alaiki ya binti. I placed a soft kiss on her forehead and left for my room.

Friday, 10;45am🌅

My mother inlaw called this morning asking me to give Yusuf the phone that she wants to talk to him.

'ive been calling his line but is not going through, give him the phone please' she said.

'Mom I'm in school ai have you forgotten' I chuckled. 'What?, he's not been athome since last week and he told me he's with you'

'Mom he's not here' I won't cover up for him. "So he lied to me, where could he be?" She sighed. ...in a hotel with Farha I guess...

'I don't fah, but I'll try calling his line, karki sa damuwa fah mom" I said. 'Toh in shaa Allahu,How is Hanan? How is the exams?" She enquired, she calls Maryam with Hanan, stating the fact that 'maryam' seems to elderly for a bearly 2yr old girl. 'She's fine Ma. Alhamdulillah we even have a paper by 11" I chuckled. "Toh madallah, let me allow you to freshen up. Make sure you tell him I'm looking for him, he should leave wherever he is he and come home' she scolded. "Tohm in shaa Allah. Bye' I ended the call.

"Why the sigh?" Azeemah jolted me to reality. 'Its Yusuf, we don't know where he is' I said. 'So why are you worried, is he a small boy that you have to know all of his moves' she laughed. "That's not it Azeemah, he left home since last week and they thought he's here with me, that was his excuse for leaving home though" I rolled my eyes.

"Innalillahi wa'ina Ilaihi raji'un, then maybe you should call the police, Allah yasa dai he didn't have an accident" she said her eye balls almost falling out of their socket. "Really?" I laughed.

"I called him day before yesterday and he was safe and sound, he just used me to lie so he can..."

"Really?, So he can what?" She asked, "Forget it kawai" I laughed it off. "That's not funny, your husband was supposed to come visit you but he didn't, he's not at home and he's not here so where could he be?" She asked. "How am I supposed to know?" I eyed her. "Hmm okay ooo" she nodded her head in a dramatic way. "Wait, what are you thinking of?" I asked, "Nothing fah, but this is not funny wallahi. Sorry to say Jiddah, but I think another woman is getting his attention, I mean reason it now" she said.