28• Climax

Jiddah's POV

It's been a week since I came back for holiday and I've set my eyes on Yusuf only three times. The day I came back, day before yesterday, and yesterday. I stay in my room all the time in order to avoid trouble.

"Ke Jiddah" she bagged in. "What?" I asked her. "Yusuf and I want to eat Tuwon alkama(Wheat)" "And how is that my concern?" I laughed. "I want you to prepare it, Yusuf said you're good at making swallow and I agree with him, you know why?, Because you are village girl"

"Farha you're a stupid girl, so you think cooking is for village girls, infact you should be ashamed of yourself, you call yourself a Married woman but can't cook for your husband but rather you come to me asking for help" I laughed. "And who said I'm asking for your help, it's an order given to you by Yusuf and I'll go and tell him you said you won't do it" she hissed and left. I nodded my head and continued with my chat.

"Jiddah!, Jiddah!!" He dragged my scarf. "Am I not talking to you?" He fumed. "Oh sorry, I was carried away" I eyed him. "You were carried away, Jiddah have you forgotten who I am and what I can do?"

"Not at all, what else can you do apart from barking like a dog and hitting me?" I regreted it the moment that sentence slipped from my mouth. "Me?, I'm barking like a dog, Jiddah Ni?" He pointed at his self. "So what I'm suspecting is true, you're having an affair Jiddah, I asked you to cook for me and you sent Farha to tell me to that you don't have time for that, you hardly talk to me this days, you don't even come to my room to greet me, so what I'm suspecting is true?"

"What are you suspecting?" I asked, "You live in my house, I feed you, cloth you, and send you to school but this is what I get in return?, Don't worry I'll soon catch the stupid Man and once I do that, I'll throw you and your bastard child out of my house" he said and left. My eyes filled up with hot tears as I looked at my poor Maryam who's playing with a toy.

I wiped away the tears on my face and followed him. "Yusuf" I called him. "What?" He turned around. "Can we please sit and talk?"
"Say whatever you want to say now!"
"Okay okay" I nodded my head. "Yusuf why do you hate me Soo much?, What's my offense?. I don't appreciate you calling my daughter a bastard, it hurts me Soo much, can you please stop it?, And about Farha, I didn't say I will not cook for you, and beside you should be the one telling me to cook for you and not her, can you please start treating me like your wife?" I said all this with my hands on his shoulders.

"I can't treat you like my wife because you don't deserve it, you are cheating on me with another man" he pushed my hands off him. "Do you know the gravity of accusing your wife of Zinna?, Yusuf why are you doing this, I thought you Married me because you love me" I cried. "If you ever talk back at me or my wife again, you'll get a severe punishment from me Jiddah, who knows, it might be the end of this marriage, and you know what that means, you'll drop out of school, cause you have no one to sponsor you, the only person you have Is that Aunty of yours who wants you to stay married regardless of the consequences, all because of what?, Money of course, you're here because I'm rich Jiddah, and that's why you can never have a space in my heart"

"Get out of my way my friend" he pushed me and left. I sluggishly went back to my room with a heavy heart and cried till my eyes began to itch. Maryam wiped my tears and I couldn't help but shed more tears, I hugged her and kissed her forehead while she just stares at me.

Few Days later

Yusuf still believes that I'm cheating on him, he doesn't talk to me or ask of my well-being, while Farha's habit is becoming unbearable but I always tell myself that it's a matter of time and sooner or later, all this will come to an end. She'll come inside my room, insult me and say all sort of things while I just stare at her and cry afterwards.

I called Goggo and told her what happened between us and what he said about her but as usual she comforted me and told me to stay strong and protect my marriage, cause that marriage is the Only thing that can build my life.

It's a Tuesday morning and the weather is nice and cold. I kissed Maryam and covered her with blanket. Lemme go grab some fresh air...I said to myself and grabbed my veil.
None of the workers greet me now, because Farha the madam of the house has prohibited it, who even cares about that?, she's just waisting her time. I went to the garden at the back yard and sat down, thinking about how my problem all started, it started from the day I lost my Father, that was the beginning of my mystery.

All the stress, insult, and agony I'm going through right now is all because of my Uncle and his family, they destroyed my life and made me a pathetic and pitiful human being.

If only my parents were still alive....I know for sure life would have been better, but Allah loves them more and I pray they are in a better place.

I went inside the house and headed to the kitchen cause I'm hungry and I've not been eating well this days. I opened the fridge and carried a bottle of yoghurt. "And where do you think you're going with that yoghurt, or did you buy it with you own money?" Here she comes again, sometimes I wonder if Farha is an educated woman, because she doesn't behave like one at all.

I opened the fridge, returned it and left the kitchen, I won't stoop low to her level of madness all because of yogurt. "Am I not talking to you?" She dragged my veil. "Farha leave me alone, why are you behaving like a bush girl early in the morning?" I smiled and crossed my arms on my chest. "Did you just call me a bush girl?!" She yelled. "I'm tired of seeing you in this house, I hate you, I hate you!!" She yelled and took the yogurt from the fridge, poured it on her face and body and ran upstairs crying.

I went back to my room wondering what lie that woman went and created.

"Jiddah!!!" He yelled my name.
Innalillahi wa'ina Ilaihi raji'un, I whispered and quickly went outside.

"How dare you?!" He moved towards me. "Yusuf please listen to my own side of the story,I don't know what she told you but I'm sure it's a lie" I said to him. He slapped me twice on my face and pushed me to the wall, at that moment I knew I was in for it.

"Who do you think you are?, A wife?, You're not my wife you're just a slave, a pathetic slave and I'm going to make it clear to you today" he said coming towards me. He slapped me on my eyes and hit my head against the wall. "Yusuf I'm sorry I won't do it again, please I'm sorry" I begged him. He ignored my pleading and gave me bruises with his belt.

He wiped it on my face, my back , and my legs while I just roll on the floor begging for mercy. He hit me with his legs and hands till he became tired and just left me there. The whole of my body aches, I cried out of pain, unbearable pain, I couldn't see with one of my eyes but I managed to get up because I won't want him to come back and meet me here.

"Ke stop there" my body began to shake the moment I heard his voice, "Na sake ki" My heart clenched and I looked at him with tears rolling from my eyes, "I've divorced you, and I don't want to ever see you in my house again, the only thing you are allowed to carry along with you is that thing you call your daughter" he finished and left. My vision became blurry and all I could hear ringing in my brain were his words, Yusuf yace ya sakeni, I said to myself, my legs couldn't hold me any longer, I knelt down and cried my eyes out, it was a mixed feeling, wether it was a feeling of relief and freedom or pain, regret, and fear, I couldn't tell them apart.
~~~~~

I'll be in the comment section
Merci beaucoup😍