June 30, 2020

Willyb: mom I'm gonna be out with Dustin and Lucas tonight

JoyceByers: I'm glad you're feeling better. Stay safe!

Willyb: love you

JoyceByers: love you too ❤️

El, Max, and Mike all began their walk around 6:30 pm. The house was nearly 20 minutes away, and they couldn't drive. "So, I know this girl who I think is your type. She's a redhead, though."

The small group continued talking as loud music filled their eardrums. A huge house, one with amazingly trimmed bushes lining the entrance. The bitter smell of sweat and weed filled their lungs and exited through their mouths. "I'll try to find her, stay right here!" El ran into the house, Max following.

To be honest, Mike's emotions were quite mixed. On one hand, he was hurt. Only a few days after they broke up? There has to be an explanation. On the other hand, he was contemplating just giving up and finding a nice girl. At least his dad would approve of that. And El was pretty, maybe they could rekindle their relationship.

Mike sat down on the grass. Someone sat next to him, it was Dustin, "Hey," Dustin muttered.

"Hi," he responded, not wanting to talk to anyone at this time.

-9:58 p.m-

Mike took a sip of water, he was never one to want to drink. By this time, the party was in full blast. Music was playing quite loudly outside of the huge house. There were couples making out EVERYWHERE. El had came back about an hour ago and broke the news, the girl he was supposed to get paired up with was sadly taken. He contemplated just leaving without Max and Jane, that was his only reason for coming to this hell hole.

He felt someone stumble and fall from behind him, then slowly go to sit next to him, "H-hi!" The voice said. It was a voice he knew all too well.

"Will?" He looked over. Will's hair was messy, his cheeks were flushed, and the faint scent of alcohol was on his clothes, "You're really gonna act like nothing happened?" He rolled his eyes.

Will looked confused, "Huh? I-I've never seen-seen you before! I just wanted someon-someone to talk to!" (AN: in case you're confused, Will was drunk enough to not recognize Mike)

Mike narrowed his eyes, "Right. What do you want?"

"I already told you, silly!" Will shoved his shoulder lightly, "Can I-Can I talk to you about something?"

"...Sure?" Maybe He was going to explain. Or apologize.

"I-I broke up with my boy-boyfriend a few days ago! I miss him," he whimpered, looking directly at Mike.

"Huh, wonder who that is," Mike responded sarcastically.

"Mike Wheeler! His name is Mike-Mike Wheeler!" Will nodded, "And guess Wh-What?"

"What?" Mike humored his ex.

"I think-I still love h-him! But I don't think he'd go back with-with me," Will wiped his mouth.

"Wonder why."

"Oh! It's be-because I was hanging out-our with someone! Then- the person I was hanging out with just told every-everyone that I blew-blew him!" Will pouted, "But I-but I didn't!"