February 8, 2021

AN: on tiktok I saw people say they hated wattpad books ending in weddings but I really couldn't give less of a rats ass so if you don't like that don't read

Listen to this:

while reading! It's on Spotify

Will was eating cake at his parents wedding. Jim Hopper, who he now referred to as his dad, was slow dancing with his mom on the dance floor. All his friends, a lot of his family members, and even some people he's never met before, were there. Jane was sitting next to him, drinking a bright orange cup of Fanta. "Hey, is that-"

Jane nodded. "Yup. That's the guy you were 'dating' when we first made the groupchat. Wanna meet him?"

Without waiting for an answer, she grabbed her brothers wrist and led him to the other guy. He turned around, and sure enough, it was Chris. "Hey! This was the guy I was telling you about."

Chris smiled at Will, "So you're the dude who was fake dating me a year ago. She told me all about you. Did you and that guy...Mike, I think, ever hook up?"

"Yeah. We're dating now. He gave me a promise ring and everything."

"Aw! That's sweet," Chris shot him a warm and genuine smile, "I'm glad I could help in your relationship."

"No p-"

"You!" Mike growled. He angrily glared at Chris, "You think I forgot about you flirting with him last February? I don't care if this is a wedding, I'm gonna-"

"Wait, you don't know it was fake?"

"Yeah, he has a girlfriend now," Jane patted his shoulder. Will giggled once he saw Mike's face turn from angry to apologetic.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, man!" He looked down in guilt, "Uh. You didn't change a bit since Jane sent the picture to the groupchat."

Chris laughed, "Thank you! Didn't expect to see you here, though. You're a family friend, right?"

"Yeah. Future son in law to the newly-weds," Mike looked over at his boyfriend, them both blushing and giggling. A new song came on, catching all of their attention.

"Well, I need to find my girlfriend," Jane started walking away, "Cya, Chris!"

Will and Mike stood in awkwardness as Chris left as well. They exchanged nervous and shy glances, "So...wanna...hang on the...patio?" Will asked, shifting his feet.