Arno x Reader

[I ship Arno and Elise (more Arno with myself... I mean in French class we picked names and I did Elise without even realizing the Arno and Elise thing so it's obviously meant to be ;P ) but for this purpose they're only going to be friends! Sorry if he's kinda out of character]
Mon amour- my love
Belle- beautiful

My hooded savior:

Oh I shouldn't have come here! My mother said I'd have more opportunities here in France having some heritage. But this- this whatever France is in the middle of surely is not something I want to be apart of! How do people put up with all this horrible fighting, arguing, and... Is that blood!? Oooh I wanna go home back to London! Rainy, dreary London.

"Oh! I-I'm so sorry-"

"You better be, lady." I scrambled to pick up my dropped books as the man I ran into fumed above me.

"I-I wasn't watching where I-"

"Be more careful!" He pulled me up by my collar shoving me into the wall behind me.

"Please l-let go..."

"Not until you learn your lesson." He hissed. A devious, disgusting smile came across his lips. What was he going to do? I was terrified... His gray eyes showed no feelings, as his hand went down to a blade on his side.

"P-please s-sir." Tears tugged at my eyes. The blade slowly made its way to my neck, "d-don't."

"Don't what, dear?" He traced he blade along my collar bone, leading to my neck.

But then the man went limp. I watched as the light left his eyes, and his body fell to the ground. The blade clattered to the floor bellow, it's sound echoing.

"Are you alright?" A hooded figure rushed to my aid.

"Uh um well-"

"Here let me help you." He began to help me pick up my multiple accounts of literature.

"Thank you, sir."

"Arno."

"Huh?"

"My name's Arno."

"Well I'm Y/n. Can I ask just- how you were able to well," I motioned to the body, "do that..." My voice trailed off. The man who just saved me, he- he killed this man.

"Uh well," he handed me the remaining books, "Y/n... I'll let you figure that out for yourself. Until next time." He grabbed my hand placing a soft kiss upon it. Just like he was here out of thin air, he was gone. How was that humanly possible!?

I wished to see him again. Even after that, I wanted to see the hooded man, whose face I could barely see. He had saved me, and for that I'm thankful.

Now it's time to get to the shop.

***

"Y/n! Could you put this books back in place? I have to head out." My friend/boss, Meg, asked.

"Oh of course!" I sent her a smile, and headed towards the lone books.

I came to France because my friend Meg asked to have me help with her book store. How could I have said no? I hadn't seen her in years. When I first arrived, it was bumpy and I wanted to leave right away. But it's been two weeks now and I'm starting to enjoy it more here.

Once I put the books back in their rightful shelves, I went upstairs to go on the roof, I enjoyed just watching the city.

I lied upon the roof, watching the sky, listening to the noise below. It was comforting, for I did not know why.

/whoosh/ [really bad sound effect :P oops]

I quickly stood up and spun around, only to stare at the same hooded figure who saved me two weeks ago.

"Y/n. I did say I'd see you again." The mysterious man smirked. His hood was still on.

"Hello Arno..." I fiddled with my hands, unsure of what to do, "I want to thank you again... For-"

"There's no need to. I was happy to help."

"Okay I would've hated to be a burden."

"You weren't." He approached me,

"Could I take your hood off?"

"Only if you were able to figure out why I was able to help you so easily."

"Fine. I did some thinking and- how could somebody have done that so easily? And then I realized you had to been trained. With all the reading I do, I was able to conclude... You're an assassin." I breathed out, uneasy. He then came over to me, I looked up.

"You're good."

"So-so I was right?"

"Yes." He grabbed my hand, lifting it to his face, "go ahead."

My hand, shakily, made its way to his hood. With a deep breath I removed it.

I gasped at how handsome he was. His chocolate brown eyes were mesmerizing and his hair- I really just wanted to run my hands through it. His whole face was just- perfect.

"Like what you see?"

"You're very handsome." He smiled at me. He has a very nice smile...

"And you're beautiful, mon amour." I blushed, knowing the meaning of what he said... But what does he actually mean by saying it?

"I-I..."

"Come, how about he hit a café? I could show you around some more." He held out his hand.

"That would be nice... Wait for me outside. I need to write my friend a note."

"Okay, belle." I blushed even more (if that was possible) and quickly ran downstairs to tell Meg I would be out when she got back.

Quickly scribbling out a message on a scrap piece of paper, I made sure I looked okay. Hair not too messy... Makeup in tact, dress isn't wrinkled- why am I worrying this much? What is this feeling?

Not wanting to keep Arno waiting I exited my book store.

"Took you long enough." Arno smiled, somewhat teasingly. I noticed the hood was upon his face once again.

"Sorry." Don't be. He pressed a kiss to my forehead and offered me his arm,

We linked, and made our way down the busy streets, talking about anything and everything. I didn't know what would come out of this 'friendship', but it was something I knew would last.