Haytham x Young!OC

^I apologize about that photo... How could I resist?^

A possible friendship:

"Excuse me! Hi! Are you Haytham Kenway?" I approached the man just getting off the ship.

"Yes I am, can I help you?"

"I'm Melanie Tate! My friend Charles had me come get you because he was awfully busy."

"Thank you Miss Tate. Mr. Lee seems to have you out here awfully young to be on your own."

"I don't think 13's that young! And besides, since you seem old, I'm probably fine!"

"Old?" He seemed to take offense to that... I don't see why he would?

"Yep!" I popped the p sound.

"Anyways could you take me to Charles?"

"Sure! Hmm... I feel like he told me to have you do something first... I know he wrote it down somewhere..." I began searching my pockets looking for the scrap piece of paper Charles wrote directions down on. Glancing at Haytham he looked awfully annoyed. I can't help that I misplace things easily, "oh here it is!"

"Well what does it say?"

"It says... Oh! Let's get you some weapons! I know the general store probably has something! Come on!" I thought I heard him mutter something that sounded like 'you've got to be kidding me.' Oh well.

"Would you want to come in?" Haytham offered me, "wouldn't it be best if you weren't alone?"

"Uhh well the store owner thinks I'm annoying and doesn't like me..." I shrugged, "I'll be out here." He still thinks because I'm young I can't handle myself... Or he generally cares.

"Okay just don't do anything..." And on that note he headed into the store. What does he think I'm going to attack a red coat?

"Melanie! Come here!" I turned, Mr. Franklin saved me over,

"Hello Mr. Franklin!"

"Melanie can I ask you to keep your eyes peeled for some pages of my almanac?"

"Sure! How many?"

"Four...." He held up the book showing me the missing pages.

"I'll do my best, though it may be hard..." I knew how vast Boston is, so this may take way too much time...

"I get that, so I appreciate even if you find one."

"Okay sir! I'll keep my eyes peeled!"

"Oh and who was that you're with?"

"Someone Charles asked to make sure he got to him safely."

"As long as Charles says it's fine then so be it."

"Here he comes, see ya!"

"Bye Melanie, please be safe!"

"Oh I wil- AAHHH!" Tripping over myself, my body let gravity take control and began to fall. Instead of hitting the cold hard ground, my body came into contact with two strong arms.

"You should be more careful Melanie." I looked up and flashed Haytham a smile.

"Thanks Mr. Kenway!"

"You're welcome," I brushed myself off once he lifted me up, "why so polite?"

"Well my mom always told me to treat everyone you meet with respect... And always remember their last name over their first name because most people prefer the sincerities."

"You're mother seems like a smart woman."

"Yep she was."

"Was?"

"She died." I saw Haytham give me a sorrow filled look, "don't worry about. Everyone said she deserved it, that she meddled in the redcoats affairs too much."

"Do you think she deserved it?"

"No, but who am I to say... I was quite young when it happened, maybe 8. I wasn't very opinionated and I was quite oblivious to everything. To this day I just wish the house wasn't burned."

"I'm sorry for your loss," the house or my mom? "But why did you stay here?"

"Charles helped, along with most of the people, who are generous and overall good people. I'll say for further knowledge, so remember. Most people I know and am friends with you can trust."

"How can I trust your judgement?"

"Cause you can." I crossed my arms.

"Well okay. Where are we headed to meet Charles?"

"The Green Dragon."

"And that is a...?"

"Tavern! There's some horses up ahead that we can take to get there sooner, come on!" I skipped up ahead to the horse and hopped on. Haytham wasn't far behind, "let's go!"

***

"Here we are!" Melanie pointed to the door of the tavern.

"Are you not coming?"

"I have some stuff to do! But I'll see you around!"

"It was nice meeting you Melanie."

"You too Mr. Kenway."

"Just Haytham please."

"Okay then, see you around Haytham!" The young girl waved and rode off.

I can't believe I just (most likely) became friends with a 13 year old girl who's awfully annoying. I doubt that's the last I'll see of her, especially is she's friends with Charles.

Lord have mercy.