Chapter 19 - Chance

Irene's P.O.V.

The two of us are currently on our way to the parking lot as both of us were not even talking to each other. Which..I don't mind at all. It just makes me annoyed. Why does he want to eat with me anyways? What is he even planning?

A few seconds more, we finally get to go inside my car. I started to drive our way to where we're suppose to eat when I started to feel eyes on me. I just rolled my eyes and focused myself on the road.

"Are you still mad at me?" He asked all of a sudden. I didn't want to make an effort to respond so, I just ignored him. It's better if I just do this the entire time that I'm with him.

"Did you...like the flowers that I always gave..you?" He asked me again. Flowers? Oh! The one that I always threw on my trash bin. "I hate flowers." I coldly said as he just nodded his head.

"Oh well...what have you been up to these past few months---"

"God! Can you please stop asking me questions?!" I told him, parking my car in the parking area of where I'm suppose to meet up with Jisoo, Rosè, Jennie, and Lisa. Jin didn't speak after what I said and just followed me inside of the food place. The two of us were greeted by the four of them while I see Jisoo smirking at me. I raised my eyebrow at her and she didn't say anything. She just laughed at me.

We all settled in on a table and Jin, being his annoying self decided to sit beside me. Aren't I lucky? That was sarcasm if you couldn't tell.

The six of us ate quietly when someone decided to ruin my peace by nudging my elbow. He kept on bothering me and I can hear him silently giggling already. I just ignored him and took another bite from my food. "So unnie, you guys dating now or what?" Jennie spoke up, earning my attention and the others. I simply shook my head as she nodded her head.

The atmosphere was quiet again and I'm beginning to think that It's because a boy's with us. Ugh...

Jin on the other hand was still annoying me by nudging my elbow everytime I'm about to take a bite from my food. He was really trying to test me, huh? Well, to can play that game. I made a slight smirk from the corner of my face and stepped on his foot so hard that made him scream "Ouch!" Making the others look at him. "You okay, Jin oppa?" Rosè asked with concern.

He just smiled at her and said "Y-Yeah...just burned my tongue. My food's still quite hot." After hearing him lie, it made me laugh inside. Take that!

I took a quick glance at him and saw him trying to hide his pain. I removed my eyes off of him and just continued eating. A lot of minutes have passed and we were now all having a good conversation. Jin would just talk when someone asks him something and sometimes, he'd even tell a corny joke that would make Jisoo crack up. It's not even funny!

20 more minutes later...

"Anyways, we have to get going guys. We still need to go to all our respective buildings." Lisa explained as we placed the bill and went out of the place. They all waved goodbye to the two of us while giving me winks. The hell's wrong?

"Joohyun.." I heard Jin call for me and so, I lazily faced him and raised a brow. He looked serious and was directly looking at my eyes. "Why...were you mad at me that day?" He asked me that made me frozen. He was looking at me, waiting for me to reply to what he just said. I took a deep breath.

"Car." I said and entered the vehicle, followed by him. I put both of my hands on the steering wheel and faced him again. "It angered me to know that people like you can just move on quickly when just rejected by the one you liked...You know, it made me think of you like you were just shooting your shot with me and after getting rejected, you go to your 'back up' girl." I was straight forward that left him silent for a moment.