Chapter 45 - The Case of Mr. Kim

Lisa's P.O.V.

"You came..." I awkwardly greeted him after welcoming him inside my house. "Yeah." He then responded.

He looked like he was just finished with an event that he had to do for work. He looked really dashing and handsome, which is NOT the point why I called him here! God, Lisa, get a grip!

 He looked really dashing and handsome, which is NOT the point why I called him here! God, Lisa, get a grip!

"Are you alright? Your eyes looked like you've been crying a lot." He walked closer to me and looked down at me. I didn't feel comfortable answering his question and was just about to move back when my butt hit the edge of the couch already. I'm cornered!

"U-Uh, actually I haven't gotten any sleep. That's why my eyes are like this." I told him and tried to move away. I sat on the couch and waited for him to sit beside me. "I know a bad liar when I see one. Seriously, are you doing well?" He said and gently took both my wrists, his eyes looked directly at me. He looked really concerned.

I was speechless. I couldn't lie anymore since he'll just see through me...

"L-Listen, I'm sorry... I'm sorry for making you involved with the media, I'm sorry if that would affect you, I'm sorry---" I felt so guilty! I couldn't hold back my guilt and started apologizing but, he stopped me from doing that by pulling me in for a hug.

"Stop. It's not your fault, okay? Stop blaming yourself. You tend to be really selfless, It's annoying, Manoban." He tried to cheer me up and it somewhat worked. He still hasn't let go of the hug as I just gave in and hugged him back. "I don't like that you're seeing me like this." It's like showing my vulnerable side.

I heard his small chuckle as we let go of the embrace. "Too bad, It's already happening." He teased and leaned his back on the couch. "A dating rumor, huh?" He started off as a small smile made its way to his face.

I sighed and nodded. "It's gonna be a pain... M-My manager... wants me to deny the news." I thought that being straightforward would be the key so we can make a solution quickly. He looked like he wasn't surprised and just looked at me. "Do you want to deny the news? I mean, technically, we aren't dating yet. You haven't said yes to me." He has a point but, I can't! I don't wanna deny anything...

"This is not easy." I scratched my head and placed both of my elbows on my knees and faced the front. Trying to figure out a way to avoid anything that would cause the both of us trouble. "If you can't handle it alone... you know that we can face this together, okay?" He said and gently grabbed my hand and placed a kiss on it. 

A small smile crept up on my face as I responded, "Yeah... Let's face this together."