Chapter 44 - Hell of A Reunion

Jin's P.O.V.

"I want some pineapple juice and tuna, love."  

It's been a few days since we've decided to just live in my condo so I could take good care and eye on Joohyun. Joohyun has already informed her secretary about her situation and announced a temporary leave. It has been a few days too that I had to satisfy and buy her a lot of food for her cravings. Her mood swings were no joke too, Sometimes I even get hit on the arm without any particular reason and if she wants attention.

"I'll buy some after work, is that okay?" I asked her. She just nodded her head and gave me a thumbs-up as she continued eating the strawberry ice cream that she told me to buy at 3 am. 

I went up to her and kissed her forehead before saying, "I have to go to work now, text me if you need anything or if there's a problem, okay?" She showed a smile and responded, "Okay. Don't overwork yourself too much." 

I nodded my head and finally left. I massaged the back of my neck and took a deep breath. I didn't get to sleep much last night but, It's fine. I just need to drink coffee to get my day going and I'll be fine. 

I entered my car after arriving inside the parking lot when I saw a text message from Taehyung. He said he had to cancel a few meetings and his trip to Japan to meet with me since Joohyun is unable to meet Sung-ho's parents. And so, Taehyung would be joining me. 

I just replied with a simple text saying to meet up with him in the afternoon. I then started to drive and decided to stop by a coffee shop since I needed coffee. I opened the door and heard the bell ring above it as I was welcomed by the workers. I just smiled and went towards the line and waited for my turn to order.

"I already told you, sis. Irene's leaving for a few months. Don't bother the company I work for and just focus on yours." I heard Suho's voice in front of me which caught my attention. I rose a brow and continued staying quiet. Didn't wanna bother his phone call with his sister.

"You can't. Our parents wouldn't need it anyway, why do it? What? For the company?" He seemed stressed and It was like they were having an argument. "Power's not to be thirsted at. Stop it." I couldn't help but listen to their conversation since I'm just behind him. It was like he's getting disappointed over his sister.

"Aish... I can't do that... I can't force my feelings on her if she's not interested, okay? Your plan failed. Now, stop with it." He told her. Is he talking about Joohyun? 

"No, I swear if you even try to do--- Hello? Ugh, why'd you hang up on me?!" He scratched the back of his head and tried cooling himself down before anyone else would see him. He placed his phone inside his pocket and looked around and to his surprise, he finally saw me. His eyes widened yet he didn't flinch much. He just lowered his head a little and so I did it back to show respect. 

"I'm sorry if you heard any of that." He apologized. I wasn't used to talking to this guy since I know we didn't have any good history. He hated my guts back in college, and I'm not sure if the hatred's still there. 

"No need to apologize. It's alright." I awkwardly said and then silence filled us. He looked like something was troubling him. I didn't wanna be heartless or anything and so, I asked, "Something bothering you?"