Chapter 5 - Unexpected Saturday

The Next Day...

Jin's P.O.V.

*Alarm rings*

I woke up by the sound of my alarm as I sat down. I grabbed my glasses and stretched my arms while yawning. I turn my alarm and It's still 8 am. I stood up, went to the bathroom, and brushed my teeth. After that, I took a look at myself in the mirror.

'Eh...could be worse.' I thought.

I stepped out and made my way to the kitchen as I smell my eomma's cooking. I tried not making a sound and looked at eomma. Her eyes still puffy and red because of her tears yesterday. I sighed.

"Oh! Good morning, sweetheart!" She said while looking at me which made me startled. "Good morning eomma! Can I help you cook?" I asked her as she gave me a warm smile.

"You can just cook the bacon after I finished this omelet." She answered. I gave her a nod and went closer to her. The smell of the food's really good. It makes me even more hungry than I already am.

After cooking the food with eomma, we are now in the dining room while enjoying our breakfast.

"Sweetheart, last night..I've been thinking. Maybe I can visit my sister today and request help about..our situation?? I also haven't visited her for years now. Do you mind being alone at home??" She explained.

I smiled and said "You can visit your sister anytime, eomma. I also have plans today. I have this batchmate of mine who needs some tutoring. So, I'll be gone too."

She nodded. She soon looked very excited and asked ''Is it a girl?"

I facepalmed, knowing eomma. I already know what's about to happen. She'll soon start teasing me about Joohyun.

"Yes, eomma...she's a girl.." I answered her as she clapped her hands and seemed to be quite happy about it.

"What's her name? Is she nice? Introduce me to her---" I stopped her before she gets a little too much. "Eomma, she's just a batchmate of mine. As for her being nice, I'm not sure about that. Joohyun is her name." I explained. She nodded.

Both of us finished our breakfast and now I'm the one washing the dishes. Many minutes later, I hear eomma going down the stairs and loudly said "I'll be going now, sweetheart! Also, good luck in tutoring that Joohyun girl."

I replied "Stay safe eomma! And, thank you!"

I heard the door closed. After washing the dishes, I wiped my hands and looked at the clock. It's already 8:53 am. I grabbed my phone from the table and texted Joohyun. Calculating everything in my head, I'm sure I'll arrive at her house at 9:30 am.

_________________________________________
Seok Jin
Are you up?

9:05 am