Chapter 46 - The Surprising Truth

Irene's P.O.V

I can't believe it! My mother hasn't stopped bugging me about the secret that she's trying to know for the past 10 minutes now! She really is persistent.

"Sweetheart, you know it's better to let out your secrets to your mother. You can't just solve anything by yourself, alright?" Eomma said. Now she's giving me a life lesson, gosh, should I just tell her right now? What if she reacts the opposite way of how I'm hoping she would react with my pregnancy?

'Be brave, Joohyun! Come on! Let's use the line that our friend has taught us!' I thought to myself and took a deep breath.

"Uhm... Okay, eomma," Let's go! Now's our chance to reveal our f*cking baby! Let's not mess this up! "W-What comes after n-nine months?" I asked her and hopefully, she would get it.

She had to pause for a few seconds when I saw how her eyes widened and how her mouth opened in shock. "You're pregnant?" I couldn't tell what she's feeling right now. She still looks shocked after asking that question. 

I just nodded my head as tears came out of my eyes all of a sudden. Why the f*ck am I getting emotional just because of telling my mother that I'm pregnant?!

"Oh, sweetie," I could also see tears coming down from my mother's eyes when she pulled me in for a hug. We were both emotional from this that I'm just glad that she didn't reject my pregnancy. "My daughter's gonna be a mother." She sounded proud too.

After a few more seconds we finally calmed down as we let go of the hug and wiped our tears away. "How many months already?" She asked, gently holding my stomach. 

"I'm three weeks pregnant, eomma." I told her and saw how happy she looked looking at my stomach. It was a relief to me... I'm just happy that my baby's being accepted by my mother. "I'm gonna be a grandmother." She said and even told our driver about the news. 

"Congratulations, Ms. Bae." Our driver congratulated me.

"Thank you," I said as we finally settled down when we saw that we have already arrived in front of my mother's sister's home with her family. 

We went out and thanked our driver for bringing us here. We walked towards the front door as I pressed the doorbell. A minute passed before someone opened the door and surprisingly, it was Jungkook that appeared in front of us. Eh? I thought he would stay with Lisa for a while. Guess they've already figured out a solution.

"Oh, auntie! Come in, come in." Jungkook seemed surprised to see my mother back in Korea as he quickly made way for the both of us. "Hello, Jungkook-ah. You've grown a handsome man, huh? Where's your mother? I want to catch up with her." Eomma said as I saw Jungkook smile.

"Thank you, auntie. My mother's over there, in the kitchen." He pointed the way as my mother just nodded and left the both of us in the hall. She must've been excited the go see her sister. 

Jungkook and I went to the living room as I couldn't help but talk about him and Lisa. "Dating a model now, are we?" I asked him and saw him roll his eyes at me. "Dating? Ha... not exactly." He answered. Hmmm? What does he mean by that?