Chapter 4 - Landing the Job

Irene's P.O.V.

"And that's how you get the formula. Got it, Joohyun?" He asked me. I scratched my head and showed a confused face saying "Nope. I kind of spaced out. Can you repeat that?"

He facepalmed. My plan's simple. Annoy him so much that he'll give up on helping me. Easy.

He put his pencil down and stared at me. Crossed arms, leaning his back on the chair. I gulped. Is he really making me nervous?----NO! Hell nawh! I'm Bae Joohyun for god's sake. I don't get intimidated by anyone or anything. "What do you see yourself in the future, Joohyun?" He asked out of nowhere. And that question got me thinking, what do I see myself in the future?? DID I EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT MY FUTURE!?

"You're taking too long and that means you haven't thought about any occupation or anything. That's disappointing." He said and fixed his glasses. I was getting really annoyed. It's my life! Why does he care?

I gave him a glare and said "I haven't decided on what I wanted to be yet. It takes time. So, how about you Mr. Smarty-pants? Got any job in mind?" He smiled a little and leaned forward. "I actually want to be an architect." I nodded after his answer to my question.

'An architect, huh? So, that's why he loves math and stuff.' I thought.

"Why?" I asked him. "I've dreamed of giving my parents a nicer house to live in..." He said shyly. Aww..cute--HANG ON! HUH?! Stop messing with me, brain!

He cleared his throat and his smile faded away again. "Anyways, we're done here. We've covered two lessons at least. Tomorrow's a Saturday. We can continue studying tomorrow." He said as he stands up, grabbing his books and putting it inside his bag. I stood up and raised a brow. "But, It's a Saturday. Aren't I suppose to have any rest days?" I complained. He stopped what he was doing and looked at me.

"Why? Do you have any plans tomorrow?" He asked me. "W-Well no, but--" He cut me off and said "Then it's settled. We shall continue this tomorrow."

My blood was boiling. THIS BASTARD! First, he steals the last ice cream cone in the cafeteria and now he doesn't want me to relax on a SATURDAY! This is torture. "WHAT!? YOU'RE NUTS! I don't want to!" I yelled as he put his index finger on his lips and said "No screaming in the library."

I rolled my eyes in disbelief. Doesn't he want to rest from all the school work this week? He studies mostly all the time and now he involves me with his love for studying. Ugh...

"I promise, studying hard would pay off. Now, I'll give you a chance to pick where we should meet up." He said. I didn't argue with that. I should be the one picking since he's the one ruining my Saturday!

I started thinking of where we could study and I avoided many crowded areas. I don't wanna risk people seeing me with him or even worse! Students from our school saw me with him. That's a no-no subject.

I couldn't think of anything else and so that only led me to two options. "My place or your place?" I asked him. He looked uneasy when I said 'your place' so I figured it's best if we stay at my place. "Your place." He said and grabbed his bag. I grabbed a piece of paper on the table and grabbed my pencil and started writing my number and address. After that, I gave it to him and said "Just call me when you arrive. My parents are leaving for a couple of weeks because they have a business trip so, no ones gonna interrupt us. Studying."