Chapter Nine

~Chapter Nine

"What do you mean? You're a wolf! A-A very b-big wolf!" Ashlynn stammered out.

"No, not all the time.." He spoke into my mind. "Just..please, don't freak out? Keep calm."

I looked at his figure and saw.pleading in his eyes. This must mean a lot to him.

"Alright, I won't freak out. Hurry, it's starting to get cold."

After I said that, Koda took a step back and breathed in heavily. The next thing I saw was outrageous! His body started to tremble and I heard sickening "cracks" while his.body began to transform.

The fur he had was pulled through the pores of his flesh and I realized he was turning into a human just like me! I gasped inwardly.

The biggest shock of all isn't what it was, it's who it was. Standing there in front of me, naked, was Dakoda.

Dakoda.

Why didn't I put 2 and 2 together?! Here's the 4 right here in front of me, although I'm not complaining too much. ;)

I covered my eyes with my hand.so I wouldn't see his body. I wouldn't know how to react to seeing a naked guy! A blush started creeping up on my face.

Not gonna lie, I peeked. His body looked even more tan than it had in school, and his built abs had drooling. I better stop before he.notices the puddle of drool at my feet.

"Ashlynn, you okay?"

Am I okay?! You're standing naked in front of me whilst I'm covering my eyes. "Yea, I'm good. Could you, uhm, cover yourself?" I choked out. :*)

He began to chuckle. I'm too awkward for my well being. -.-'

"I don't have anything. Is your Dad home?"

I cringed at the mention of Him. "No, he left for the night. I guess we can go back there."

We started back to the house with me taking the lead. Maneuvering through the brush on the ground, we finally make it back to the house.

I step into the house and keep walking with Dakoda- erm, Koda, behind me.

"Okay, wait here and I'll find something." I didn't wait for a response as I passed through the kitchen to the laundry room and.search for some clean clothes of His.

After what seems like forever, I find a t-shirt and some basketball shorts and bring them back to the still-naked guy in my living room.

I turn my back and let him get dressed and motion for him to follow me up the stairs when he's done.

"So, I think you owe me an explanation." I said, dropping down onto my bed, carefully. My body hurt so badly, even moreso after trekking through the woods so much tonight. My bed is definitely my safe haven.

He took a deep sigh and lowered his head before speaking. "This is a lot harder than you think." I nodded my head, as if to urge him on. "Clearly I'm not normal. I trust you to keep my secret, though. Will you?"

"Of course, you can trust me, Koda." I said, smiling reassuringy.

He bounds over and takes a seat on the opposite end of the bed. "I come from a large "family" as you could say. It's called a pack. We're historically called 'Werewolves.'"

"We have our land to protect as well as ourselves, from Rogues, or wolves who have flown from a pack and set out to kill. We must kill them to keep everyone safe, including you, Ashlynn."

"So that's what happened when I found you?" I asked.

"Yea. There was a Rogue attack, I was alone until I called for the pack and ran off."

"How are you...a..wolf?"

"We're born with it. Our wolf is our inner self, our soul. They guide us from within and when needed, they lend us their strength and we shift, turning into them. You're taking this pretty well, ya know."

I laughed. "I never believed my perfect world would turn into a nightmare," I solemnly admitted. "If it could happen, I'm a believer that anything could happen."

I grabbed his arm and pulled him up next to me. He layed against my pillows and I scooted down, laying my head on his chest. While he wrapped his arms around me.

"We'll talk more later. Right now, I just want to enjoy this, just in case it is a dream." I said, stifling a yawn.

My eyelids fluttered as I drifted off to sleep, as I heard Koda whisper.

"Good night, mate. Sleep well."