Chapter Five

~Chapter Four

Koda's P.O.V.

Running through the trees, or limping, I should say, I was desperately trying to lose the rogue hunter on my trail. I had gone for a run when he suddenly appeared.

To be honest, I wouldn't have noticed him until the arrow zoomed past me and hit my leg.

I didn't have time to react because he shifted into his wolf mid-stride, and I was reluctantly thrown into battle. Taking off towards me, he appeared with an unsheathed knife and plunged it into my side.

Luckily, I had been moving while it happened so the gash wasn't as deep as expected.

When I saw an opening appear, I howled for the others and charged at him with all I had, knocking him into the giant Oak behind him. Thankfully, he stayed down long enough for me to make a run for it.

Making an escape through the trees once again, I ran as fast as I could manage without worsening the searing pains in my flank and side.

I heard vicious roars and growls come from the direction I had fled from and figured that rogue was done for.

Stopping in a clearing, exhaustion took over and I collapsed against a rock.

"Just a quick nap.." I urged myself.

Suddenly I felt a weird feeling come over me. Someone was near, I could feel it. It wasn't one of the boys but I knew there was no danger.

"Come." I spoke into its mind.

I could feel it questioning me, so I beckoned again. "Come to me..."

After a moment, I could hear the shuffles through the brush coming. "Here." It was taking all I had to speak these thoughts in my mind.

Close enough to see, I made out the figure of a girl. A beautiful girl. Her blonde hair cascaded down to her waist in gentle waves, soaking in the color of the moon. Her skin was just as pale. She had such piercing eyes, but they held no spark.

Why wouldn't they show any life? This poor girl looked as if she was just a shell. A doll, even. Just a pretty little girl with no feelings, but it wasn't her fault. I believe she was made this way.

"Hurt." I managed to whisper into her thoughts.

"What's your name?" Her was so sweet and angellic.

"Koda." Barely audible now.

She nodded her head and took a moment to look at my damage, before taking off through the trees.

I couldn't wait, I closed my eyes and slowly drifted to sleep.

I awoke a couple minutes later to the searing pain in my leg doubling. The beautiful girl had returned with some things and was working on stopping the bleeding.

I suddenly felt the arrow being pulled from my leg and tossed aside, water trickling down in its place. Oh God, this pain hurt so badly!

I started drifting back off as she was finishing when I heard a violent yell erupt through the trees.

I couldn't make out what was said but girl took off as fast as she could.

As I was sleeping, I felt something lay at my side. I fluttered my eyes open and there was the girl. I almost smiled until I noticed something wrong.

She had blood trailing down face in a steady stream, slight purple marks on the side of her face, her hair was a mess compared to how it had been.

I could hear her breathing and it was faint, hardly audible to me. What had happened while she was gone?

In the distance, I heard howls again. They were probably looking for me. I heard the Alpha's howl among them and froze.

Our Alpha, my brother, wanted absolutely no contact with humans. I couldn't let him find her here. I struggled to my feet and limped away. Turning back, I muttered a small apology for not staying, and took off.

"Don't worry, beautiful girl, we'll meet again, soon."