Chapter Two

After that night, I hardly smiled, laughed, or loved life. I had given up once I knew the blows wouldn't stop coming. So many bruises, so much pain and blood...broken.

After he uttered those devilish words, I could never forget them or the heartbreaking laugh that followed. He was having fun!

The man that loved me once had FUN beating down his daughter, turning into a sick, sick man.

He had grabbed me once more by the hair and pulled me upstairs to my bedroom, tossing me like a rag doll to the floor. I was so frail, shuffling up against the wall, begging for him to leave.

After what seemed like hours, I heard the door close. I let down my guard and allowed the tears to spill from my eyes.

From that night on, each one was the same. Waiting to see if he'd show up, or him coming home early.

There were nights he'd finish with me and head to his room. I could hear his sad and drunken cries as I lay on my floor.

Somehow I knew if I had peaked through the crack in his doorway, I'd see him sitting in mom's old rocker. Her picture in one hand, a bottle of liquor in the other, of course.

Dad just couldn't take it anymore. Too many memories in that old house in Georgia.

"Pack your shit, Ashlynn, we're moving."

Next thing I know, we're in the car on our way to Washington. He can do things like that, ya know. Buy houses when he wants, making the money of a successful businessman.

Atleast he could transfer. Then he won't be home all the time. Unfortunately, he will be this weekend.

I snapped out of my thoughts once I heard the tires hit a gravel driveway.

"Home, sweet, home." I heard him mutter, while stopping the car.

He was already on his way inside by the time I opened my door. Stepping out, I took in the scenery.

It was breathtaking to say the least. The house was a beautiful, two-story house, with black shutters surrounding the crystal windows. On the porch was a swing hanging from the ceiling, swaying in the breeze.

"Hurry up and get in here, now!"

That broke me from my thoughts and made me start towards the house.

"Your room is up the stairs, at the end of the hall. Get there, and don't come out. You hear me?"

"Yessir..." I quietly muttered.

Well, this oughta be interesting...