"I hope so. I really missed you, and surprisingly Jay."

Dad laughed. "Maybe he should go next time." He joked.

"Definitely." I laughed.

Odalis walked into the kitchen smiling at the two of us. My good mood dropped. "Are you hungry? I made chicken casserole."

Dad gave me a pleading look. It's going to take a long while before I warm up to Odalis but I'll try just for him.

Plastering on a fake smile, "Yes, thank you."

*******

It's around eight when I leave out the bathroom. Jay is getting ready for some party. Even though I'm just a grade below him he treats me like a little kid.

Going into his room I stand by his door. He's laying on his stomach shirtless while talking to someone on the phone.

"Aysia? Aysia Thomas? Yeah I know you girl. I be seeing yo fine ass walking down the hall. How you got my number tho...oh I gave it to you? I be so busy girl don't trip...you want me to pick you up? Bitch I barely know yo ass talm bout pick you up like I kno where you stay at... nevermind? Yeah you better say nevermind. Probably got roaches and shit or sum fat bitch gonna answer the door. Yea i know yo ass...talking about you Aysia Thomas. Lying catfish ass...the way yo breath set up heavy breathing n shit I know this Danielle Wilson. Delete my number trying to prank call me."

I couldn't control the laugh that escaped my mouth. Jay is so mean. He got up and was laughing too.

"Who was that?" I wiped a stray tear from laughing so hard.

"Some fat bitch. Swear her voice cute. Girl sound like she was bout to have a heart attack in every sentence she would try to get out. Her and her ugly friends stay messing with me and Cavonte."

"How she got your number?"

"I don't even know. Probably one of my friends gave it to her. Thinking shit funny. What yo ass want?"

He went towards his closet and pulled a black shirt off the hanger and putting it on.

"I want to go to the party."

"Uh.. hell no."

Pouting my lips I whined, "Why? I really want to go. You said it yourself. I was sitting by myself at lunch."

He scoffed, "So? That's what good girls do. See, Rosa Parks sat by herself in the front of the bus along with them white folks. You don't see her complaining she ain't have no other niggas sitting with her. She went to jail by herself. Even made history."

Jay is so ugh! "Seriously! I really wanna go stop playing."

Jay sat on the edge of his bed trying to decide whether he should wear his KDs or his Jays. "Which shoe goes better with my outfit or should I just wear my button down white shirt?"

Groaning I said, "You should wear the black shirt with Tupac on it and match it with the black sweats that has the white stars on them. Along with your black and white Jays."

Taking off his shirt, "This why I love yo ass." He headed back towards his closet.

"Can I go to the party?" I pleaded.

"Nah."

"Why!"

"Because I don't have time babysitting you and you know all them niggas gonna be trying to talk to you."

"I'm fifteen I can take care of myself." I continued to whine. Jay didn't say anything else so I knew his words are final. He's so protective of me. I hate that.