XXXI: key

Yoongi's POV

I slowly open my eyes and turn to my left side to see my two favorite girls sleeping soundly. We got home pretty late last night because it was tradition to wait until midnight to exchange our gifts. After the clock struck 12 and we exchanged holiday greetings and gifts, YN and I quickly put the gifts we'd receive and a pouting Chunhei into the car. We figured the Kims were extra tired after preparing for last night's dinner. 

I sighed quietly, carefully getting out of bed and headed to the bathroom. After washing up, I padded down to my home office, searching through my work bag. 

"Where is it?" I panic, opening all the pockets until I finally find it in a hole that was torn into one of the pockets of the bag, "There it is!" 

I grab the small box, hiding it in the pocket of my sweats before closing my bag and walking out of my office to head to the kitchen to prepare breakfast. 

"I really need to get a new bag for work," I mentally noted as I grab all the ingredients I'll need from the fridge. 

YN's POV

"Are those pancakes?" I think to myself as soon as I wake up and come to my senses. 

I look down and see Chunhei comfortably snuggled into my side and melt at the sight. I lean down and move the hair away from her face, leaving a soft kiss on her cheek after. 

I move to get up from bed but the door opens slowly, "Morning, jagi. Don't get up, I brought breakfast." 

I smile wide as Yoongi walks in carrying a tray filled with an array of food. From pancakes to bacon and eggs, he had it all. 

"Merry Christmas, Yoongs," I softly say, settling back into bed. 

"Merry Christmas, my love," He greets back, placing a kiss on my lips. 

Together, we wake Chunhei up. Just like her father, she refused the first few times, claiming that she "needed her beauty sleep." 

"You really are Kim Noah's best friend," Yoongi laughs, picking her up and placing a kiss on her cheeks and pouted lips, "Merry Christmas, my beautiful girl. Daddy loves you." 

"Merry Christmas, daddy," She sleepily responds, snuggling her face into his neck, "I love you more."

Yoongi laughs as he pets her hair, "Wake up, lovey. Wish mummy a Merry Christmas."

Chunhei slowly lifts her head up, rubbing her eyes. She turns to me and holds her arms out. Yoongi leans down and places her in my waiting arms. 

She wraps her arms tightly around me, placing a kiss on my lips, "Merry Christmas, mummy! I love you so much." 

"Merry Christmas, munchkin. I love you to the moon and back," I respond, placing her next to me on bed as Yoongi goes to sit on his side of the bed. 

He hands Chunhei and I some utensils before uncovering the rest of the food, "Dig in!"

After breakfast, Chunhei races into the living room, plopping down next to the Christmas tree, "Present time!" 

I laugh as I grab the tray of food from Yoongi, who refuses, "You made breakfast already. Let me clean up."

After some more convincing, Yoongi finally agrees, letting go of the tray. 

I pad over to the kitchen to see that Yoongi had actually cleaned up the pots and pans he'd used, meaning I only had to clean up the dishes on the tray. 

I pull my hair back into a low pony and begin washing the dishes. I smile to myself as I hear Yoongi telling Chunhei to wait while she begs to open one of her presents.