XLIX: fighting

"YN," A soft voice grumbles followed by someone softly shaking me wakes me up, "Jagi, wake up."

I rub my eyes and notice just how swollen they've become. I shudder as remnants of last night's events come back into my memory. I fully open my eyes, to the best of their swollen abilities, and am met with a nervous Yoongi who was carefully leaning over me. 

"Love?" He mutters, nervously chewing on his bottom lip. 

"Where's Chunhei?" I avoid eye contact, looking everywhere but at him. 

"She's downstairs eating breakfast. She woke up about an hour ago," He starts, sitting down on the bed as I sit up and lean against the headboard, "We're leaving today. The label needs me and Joon can't cover any longer."

I silently nod, not really knowing how to respond to the situation. Yoongi and I have never gotten into an argument this big and it was obvious that neither of us knew how to go about making up. 

"Ok," My voice comes out scratchy, "I'll get pack-"

"I packed all of our stuff last night," Yoongi wraps a hand around my wrist, causing me to flinch away. 

"I'm not going to hurt you, YN," He whispers, the disappointment evident in his tone. 

I simply nod, still unsure how to respond. I lift the covers up and finally get out of bed, Yoongi following my lead. 

"I'm gonna go and freshen up," I manage to muster up, "Then I'll get Chunhei ready."

Yoongi simply nods, searching my eyes for an idea of what I was currently feeling, but I, myself, also didn't know what I was feeling at the moment. I let out a quiet sigh and turn away to walk into the bathroom. As I close the door, I hear Yoongi let out a frustrated groan before footsteps pad out of the bedroom. 

I take a deep breath and prepare myself for the shit show my face was going to look like after a night of crying. I audibly gasp as I see just how much damage the argument caused. My eyes were red and swollen and my face felt rough and splotchy. 

"Get it together, YN," I scold myself, turning the faucet on, "You can't let Chunhei see you like this." 

After brushing my teeth and finishing the rest of my bathroom business, I walk back into the bedroom where a set of clothes consisting of sweatpants and one of Yoongi's hoodies was sitting folded on the bed. 

"I didn't know what you wanted to wear," Yoongi's deep voice startles me as he walks into the bedroom, "We'll be driving all day so I just chose something comfy." 

"Thanks," I simply nod, still not initiating eye contact. 

From the corner of my eye, I see Yoongi's shoulders drop and a frown form on his face. He takes a deep breath before walking over and placing both hands on both my shoulders, turning my body so I was facing him. 

"YN, look at me," He softly says, hands moving up to cup my face, "Please, jagi." 

I stay silent as tears start to well in my eyes. I slowly shake my head, afraid of what was gonna happen next. 

"I'm scared to," I croak, my voice still not fully awake. 

"Scared of what?" Yoongi urges, moving closer and using his hands to bring my head up and forcing me to make eye contact for the first time today. His eyes looked just as, maybe even worse, swollen as mine and his face was full of stress and sadness. 

"Mummy? Daddy?" A small voice interrupts before I could muster up a response, "I'm ready to get dressed."

"Coming, princess," I make a break for it, removing myself from Yoongi's grip and walking over to Chunhei, "How was breakfast?" 

time skip 

"Bye Chunnie!" Yoongi's mother waves at Chunhei, who was now safely in the backseat, "Come back soon, princess!" 

"I will!" Chunhei exclaims, waving both hands excitedly, "Daddy says maybe we'll be back in the summer!" 

I laugh and close her door, making sure she was comfortable and had snacks and her iPad in reach.

"How are you feeling, sweetie?" Eomma wraps me in a hug, running her hand up and down my back, "Have you guys talked it out yet?" 

"Not yet," I sigh, "I'm still shaken up and I don't know what to do." 

"Take all the time you need, YN," She reassures, "But I do hope that you two settle this soon. I saw how you reacted and how Yoongi was after. I'm sure everything is just a big misunderstanding." 

I nod and send her the best smile I could muster, "Hopefully."

"Ready to go?" Yoongi places a hand on my back.

"Yup." I nod, letting him guide me to the passenger side of the car. 

"We'll see you soon!" Appa waves as Yoongi closes my door. 

Yoongi and I wave one last time before Yoongi gets into the driver's seat. He buckles his seatbelt and starts the car. With one final wave, he puts the car in drive before pulling away from the house. 

"Daddy, mummy," Chunhei whines, "I'm sleepy."

"Go ahead and sleep, munchkin," I turn back and shoot her a small smile, "We'll be driving for a while. I'll wake you up for lunch." 

She simply nods and snuggles into her seat, cuddling into the blanket we had packed for her. I turn back around after making sure she was okay and fix my focus on the road, an uncomfortable silence taking over the car. 

A few seconds go by before Yoongi lets out a sigh, taking his right hand off the steering wheel and interlocking it with my left, giving it a slight squeeze. 

"YN," He starts, not taking his eyes off the road, "Please talk to me. Your silence is killing me, jagiya." 

I look down at our intertwined hands, giving a squeeze back. 

"Am I really just extra baggage?" I start, already feeling tears welling. 

"Baby, no," Yoongi immediately answers, letting go of my hand and instead rubbing my thigh in a comforting manner, "Nothing I said last night was true and it was just my anger talking. I was so stressed out and needed to let out my anger." 

"So you took it out on me?"

"YN, that's not what I mean-"

"Were you going to just take out your anger on the first person you saw?" The anger slowly replaces the sadness, "What if it was Chunhei instead of me?" 

"YN, that's not it." Yoongi tries to backtrack. 

"Then what is it Yoongi?" I cut him off, "I'm not a punching bag and what you said last night really fucking hurt."

"And I never intended to hurt you by saying those things, baby." 

"But you still said it!"

"Mummy? Daddy?" A sleepy voice cuts off the heated argument, "Are you guys fighting?" 

a/n: an update!! I had so much fun writing this chapter and while I was writing, I felt so happy :') I haven't felt this excited to write in so long and I'm so happy that I found the happiness in writing again!! granted, this chapter was written i...

a/n: an update!! I had so much fun writing this chapter and while I was writing, I felt so happy :') I haven't felt this excited to write in so long and I'm so happy that I found the happiness in writing again!! granted, this chapter was written in a series of 3 days, but I feel like this chapter is much better written than the past few ones that were rushed. I hope you guys like this one and as usual, thank you for all your support! sending you all my love! 

qotd: what do you think is bothering yoongi so much? hehehe