Chapter 32

Entering the park , a slight breeze rustles the leaves making them fall to the solid ground one by one. The air is warm, the beams of sunlight glowing on my skin . Flowers are vast, successfully concealing the freshly cut green grass.
This aesthetic park build within the hospital premises , is totally my kind of place.

Though it is filled with patients, nurse's, children, but still I'm feeling lonely today.
After rejecting him like that, I  ran away from the room and subsequently found myself in this park.

Standing in the calming shade of an Oak tree, I closed my eyes.

'his touch , his eyes, his smile, his actions still has an effect on me. I know that each and every word he said just a few minutes back ,were insanely true.  I know he will love me....protect me .....hold me in his warm embrace .
But am I ready to forget everything???
Am I ready to forgive him??
Am I ready to give him a second chance??
Am I ready to start a new life .... With him??
No I'm not !
I need time .....maybe it will heal the scars and soothe the pain he gifted me .......MAYBE....'
▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

I opened my eyes when I felt two muscular arms wrapping around my bulging out tummy, pulling me towards a muscular chest, enclosing me in a tight back huThere was no need of any protest or a push away, because I already knew who it was!
I tried to ignore my fast heartbeat as he buried his face in my crook, sniffing through my hair.

"I missed you so much.....
Even though I have seen you few minutes back but still I miss you so damn much. "- his husky voice vibrated in my ears.

Subconsciously, I have already balled my palm in a tight fist , while tiny cold sweat glistened on my furrowed eyebrows.....
I bit my lower lip to fight with the urge to push him away.....

"All this months without you was not life.
Instead of your smile, words,laughs, my days were filled with only work.
I drowned myself in impossible amount of work just to forget you..... But I failed sweetheart!"- his head is still buried in my crook, but that did not restrain me from deciphering his muffled words.

The sweet term 'sweetheart' filled my brain with sweet cream, garnished with rainbow confetti, sprinkles, macaroons, concocting  the most appealing desert ever.

But , as if being hammered back to reality , my brain regained it's reasoning skills and started searching for appropriate words.

I let out a sarcastic chuckle.....

"Karma is really a bit*h.
Seven or eight months back, that's the same thing I used to do...... drowning myself in all kind of house chores, study and anything just to keep my mind busy.......so that it doesn't think about you."

Silence. Only the sound of our breathing can be heard.

"I used to wait for you till late night ....
I used to wait to have dinner together...
Though I remembered your warning, but still I used to look forward to anything and everything related to y-you."

The piling up tears , have now started to trek down my cheeks, towards my trembling chin.

"Yes, I admit that it all didn't start with love...... And I also knew you hated me....
But then I don't know how I fell for you...
Or ...maybe I know how....
▪️▪️▪️▪️
How do you think I felt when I asked 'how was your day' and you never answered??

How do you think I felt when I knew where you were enjoying while I was waiting at the dining table for you till late??

How do you think I felt when I saw h-hickeys.. on my husband's body which I never gave??