ASL: Part 1

Three brothers, with a bond that runs deeper than blood. They were once three trouble makers giving a certain mountain bandit a run for her money, now they're three of some of the most wanted men alive.

Part 1: Monkey D. Luffy

Monkey D. Luffy, commonly known as 'Straw Hat Luffy' or 'Straw Hat'. He's the son of the leader of the revolutionary army, Monkey D. Dragon. He is also the adoptive brother of 'Fire Fist' Ace and the number 2 of the revolutionary army, Sabo.

He was born and raised in Foosha Village in the East Blue. He was 7 when he met the currently infamous 'Red Hair' Shanks and his crew, the red haired pirates. Due to certain events Luffy ate the Gum Gum fruit which allowed his body to stretch like rubber. Having this ability however, also meant that he lost the ability to swim, which ended up costing Shanks his arm. It was after that incident that Luffy promised he would become a great pirate. Shanks gave him his signature straw hat as a symbol of that promise and told Luffy to return that hat once he becomes a great pirate. The straw hat is more important to Luffy than his own life.

Later on his grandfather, and marine hero, Monkey D. Garp took him to live with a group of mountain bandits. There he met Portgas D. Ace, his soon to be brother.

In the beginning Ace didn't like Luffy, as a matter of fact he tried to kill him a couple of times. However for better or for worse, Luffy never stopped chasing him. He almost died a couple of times because of it.

One day Ace was with the one and only person he called friend. This friend was Sabo. They were checking who stole more cash than who when Luffy showed up. Shocked and angry that Luffy managed to follow him to his secret hideout, Ace decided to tie up Luffy to a tree. Ace and Sabo wondered if it was to kill him or leave him to die by natural causes or whatever. In the end they decided to let him go.

One day a pirate group by the name of 'The Blue Jam pirates' took Luffy hostage. They were frustrated that a 10 year old kid at the time, ace, was beating them up and stealing from them. They beat and tortured him for him to tell them where ace and sabo's secret stash was however Luffy denied ever knowing what they were talking about, even though it was obvious that he was lying.

Eventually Ace and Sabo came to rescue him. They respected the fact that he didn't sold them out and started to took a liking to him. The three went everywhere together. They would rob, scam and beat up almost anyone in order to stack up money so they can set out as pirates. Sabo even began staying with them, uninvited of course but the three didn't really care.

They all planned to set out to sea 17, although Luffy was 3 years younger than the two so he would set out later. However due to certain events, Sabo tried to set sail much earlier, which led to his death.

Sometime has passed since then and a lot has happened but Luffy has grown physically and mentally as a person, and as dense and clumsy as he is, he the captain of the Straw Hat pirates and has a bounty of 1.5million berries.

This was a brief run through of the life of Monkey D. Luffy. Youngest brother of three. A lot of details were left out however everything will make sense once you fit in the other pieces of the puzzle.

(A/n: That's it for this chapter so tell me what you think. A lot of details were left out on purpose, and things wont be the same as in the original One Piece franchise so don't worry. Don't forget to vote. Bye!!! Next Chapter: July 11th)