(15) Not in the Hero League

Start from the beginning

There was one person I did recognize- well two but we're not gonna talk about Shouty McSlpode who I decked earlier.

Who would've guessed the Aizawa I talked to was the same Aizawa who ran the best hero class in the school. I was kinda glad to have gotten a chance to meet him at the coffee place but also worried if I made a decent first impression....and if that whole thing wasn't a sleep deprivation fever dream.

"Class meet the..eccentric minds of the UA support department, 1H. They will be sitting in on practice today and design gadgets for the Unexpected Simulation Joint," Aizawa introduced us as Q slid up next to him.

"Kids meet 1A! I have a good feeling about this assignment. Take time to meet your partners before getting ready for training. And remember to go beyond!" Q was beaming with energy while his fellow faculty member looked like he had just woken up. Hell, he even brought a sleeping bag. The two pulled out two roster lists then named and numbered off groups of two.

Turns out yours truly got paired with a kid named Ejiro Kirishima, a shark-toothed red headded powerhouse. We each made our way to a spot on the side where he greeted me with a friendly smile and hand shake. "You're Rosemary right? Hey nice shades, very manly!"

"Uh-thanks," odd choice of words but still a complement I guess, "Just Rose is fine. I'm guessing you're Kirishima, then."

"Sure am! So you're gonna build cool gadgets for me, right?" He asked. I could tell he was already getting himself hyped for this little project, which could go either way.

"Yeah something like that. I'll see how you fight during training and use that to make upgrades for your costume and go from there. You mind me asking what your quirk is?" I asked and started drawing up ideas from what he already had on.

"Hardening! My quirk let's me harden and sharpen my body at will, making me resistant to bullets and stabs." He explained holding up his arms to demonstrate.

Ok that's useful, and I guess that would make him a good practice target for firearm weapons

"Uhuh..well, yeah, that's actually a pretty cool quirk. It's great for defense and I'm sure you can find a way to use it in an attack route too." I was pretty curious in his power, one because it would help when I design his gear for him and I also enjoyed learning about people's quirks, much more after that doc Q made me watch.

Kirishima nodded with a proud smile, "Yeah, I do! Not to brag or anything but my punches and hits are jacked!" He activated his quirk and punched his fists together which left a loud clang and a couple sparks.

"Nice dude, same here- kinda." I held up my own fist and summoned my brass knuckles. He looked at my hand and I swear I saw a lightbulb click above him. "Oh I remember you! You're that girl from before- the one from the fight."

"Oh yeah, sorry about that.."
I wouldn't say it was a fight I mean it was one swing..then a lot of shouting and threats after...

"Nah man its ok, I mean Bakubro does that kinda stuff all the time; don't take it personally," he defended looking a little guilty himself.

"Yeah I'm fine, but back to your costume." I showed him the sketches trying to finish up before 1A is called to training.

"Wow its great! I like it, thanks man! I really-" he was cut off by a medium blast from the fence near us. I was unphased but then I realised these guys might not be used to the usual two o'clock explosions. "Was that mine or yours?" Kirishark asked looking a little nervous.

I looked around trying to find eyes on Mei who was more or less likely responsible. "Uhh yours actually, my crazy bomb is over there. Speaking of, Hatsume what are you doing?" I called out to her who was feeling around her lab rat, that green haired guy I met at the entrance exams- Midoriya I think.

"I'm touching his body, duh. Yes, yes, much more solid than he looks.." She poked and prodded around the poor nerd who looked too nervous to stop her.

"U-uh H-Hatsume was it? Y-you know you're ki-nda uh-"

"She does this a lot don't worry, it's just apart of the designing. She'll be done soon," I reassured Midoriya while Mei finished up her measurements on him. Meanwhile, Kirishima looked around to find his crazy bomb who was responsible for the blast.

Shouty McSlpode was yelling and making small explosions with wild hand gestures as his extra tried to do his work. Luckily the support kid, who when asked for his name replied only with "Rocket", was deaf and therefor immune to Shouty's loud rampages.

"Hey Bakubro, man, stop yelling at the guy, so not manly." Kirishima scolded with a look of 'im not mad I'm just really disappointed' on his face. "Bakubro" grunted and huffed, kicking some dirt before settling down. Rocket shook his head and proceeded to scribble down gear ideas.

"Ok heros, proceed to the field for afternoon training. My kids sit by the fence and work on your designs, please and thank you," Q instructed and motioned for us to disperse.

"It was good meeting you," I said to Kirishima before we got separated.

"You too man, thanks again!" He flashed a toothy grin and waved goodbye, then went over to meet his friends and teacher.

I sat on the bench between Mei and Rocket and watched as the real heros in training showed off their cool powers and talents. Sitting on the sidelines was just as I had thought: boring.

It was just class but outside and in front of heroics students who were likely looking down at us the whole time. It wasn't our fault we got stuck here, some of us didn't have a choice. There were a couple of my classmates who were a little disappointed with the dull assignment, but there were also kids like Mei and Rocket who genuinely enjoyed it. Mei loved having a lab rat to test her creations on, and Rocket just liked building things like the rest of us. There were definitely two sides of the assignment and by the time the 1A kids left on the bus I knew how I felt.

Man I wish I was going to the U.J.S. with them....

Heck yeah it's about time we brought in class 1-A! So glad to feature all your best bois and gals from the hero class as well as a new face from the support course! Stay tuned for about the kiddos next time on Guns And Roses

Question for today is, who is your favorite in 1A?

Character Spotlight: Ejiro Kirishima
1-A cannon
Quirk: Hardening

Character Spotlight: Ejiro Kirishima1-A cannonQuirk: Hardening

Fun fact: his the manliest boi in his class

Until next time dudes, hoes, and genderless bros ~