18 | Welcome Back

It hurts. Everything hurts.

Glancing at your body, you found that you have no fatal wounds at all, just a small stab on your finger. You stabbed it with a needle earlier, now it's closed and not bleeding. The cut surely doesn't hurt. Yet your chest aches and so is your head. It's pounding and you could slightly hear a voice saying, "You killed someone." Now your head is spinning, and your chest kept on tightening. It hurts so much that the pain reached every edge of your body.

You just finished a mission. Although you could not remember anything from before you even got to it, aside from the fact that your name is (F/N), and you were told that you are an assassin for the scientist working around you at the moment.

It was terrifying, when you killed a man. Yet, your body acted as if it knows what it's doing. As if you have done this many times before, although you could not remember if you ever even killed a man before this. The scientists told you the man you killed was a bad guy, he stole some very important things, and that he needs to be killed. Or else, everyone will die, as well as you.

Looking down, the black armor vest you wear and black pants have a droplets of blood on them. You immediately look away as you were again reminded how you told the man to slit his own throat, he complied and did it in front of you.

You have an ability. It never crossed your mind yet when you went to kill the man, you suddenly remembered you must let yourself bleed, and order him to kill himself.

"One hundred and sixteen, it's time."

A voice called from outside your room. Your glass room, that is. The walls are transparent, so is the floor and ceiling. It is box of transparent glass. You look at the sliding glass doors to see one of the scientist standing, beside him was a woman. He motioned for her to enter and she did, the woman stopped in front of you.

"Please get up."

You're confused and looked at the scientist, he nodded sternly which made you comply. Then, the woman started taking your clothes piece by piece until you're completely naked. You immediately tried to cover yourself which caused the woman to smile sadly. "Don't be scared. This has been done before, no one will hurt you." She motioned for the scientists. "We just have to erase your memories."

"Why?" You asked.

Suddenly, the scientist stepped in. The woman excused herself.

"Why are you erasing my memory?" You asked again.

"It's to protect you." He answered.

"From whom?"

"There are a lot of bad guys out there,
(F/N)." He then motioned for you to get out. "Now, let us go."

Seemingly defeated, you complied and walk outside. The scientist trailed behind you as he instructed for you to walk straight ahead and go through the door. You followed and as soon as you opened the door, you were met with a lot more scientists. And in the middle of the room was a chair with a lot of machines around it. They all turned upon your arrival.

There was an old man conducting everything, he glanced at the scientist behind you."Body check." The old man ordered.

Then you heard the scientist from behind told you to lift your arm. He got a stick out and began to shift your body, checking for whatever they need. He then ordered you to lift you hair, you complied. Then he returned and crouched in front of you.

"Open your mouth." You complied and he began checking. "Listen, (F/N).."

Blinking at first, you stared at him expectantly. He started to speak again while he continue to check, "as soon as they got you to sit on that chair, I want you to remember how you used your ability again."