16 | To Feel Love and Seek Hope

WARNING: Gore

Also, big Dazai moment ahead.

--

Port Mafia's interrogation room is located at the basement of the building. The stairs are stained brown as well as the walls. Whenever someone would go down these stairs, their footsteps would echo all the way down to the interrogation room.

As of now, your foosteps are booming in the stained walls, a handful of Kouyou's subordinates could hear your approaching form. They didn't need to see your face to see you're angry, from your footsteps, you were beyond that.

They parted when you finally descended the last step, all of them looking down, afraid to meet your eyes. Ahead of them were the prisoners you caught. Yamamoto Keiji and a couple of his men. They're all chained up on the pillars. All of them had scars and bruises from the previous torture they underwent a few days ago. Now, they had to brace themselves again for another interrogation.

The first year you worked for the mafia, you had no problem with interrogating people. Your process is easy and less painful, in fact you'd be the one going out of the room with a bleeding hand, and the one you interrogated would remain unscathed. However, the first time you saw an actual and violent interrogation, you held an expressionless face while you remained to see the process. Deep down, you felt a hint of disgust and pity. That's why whenever you hand your captured enemies to other members to do the interrogation, you never participate. You would wait and hear the information later on.

You sort of thought yourself as a hypocrite for being in an organization where you need to perform violent actions, yet you dislike violence itself. And so you told yourself to be less harsh on your enemies, only doing such violent things when needed. Someday, you believe that you may be able to escape from this.

Now, you face Yamamoto Keiji and his men in the dark and damp interrogation room.

Coming from the slums, when you met with Katsuki, you immediately went straight ahead to the mafia headquarters. The folder still in your hands, now crumpled from the tight grip on your fist formed hand. You're shaking from so much anger and frustration. Impatience is at the peak of your feelings but you had a remaining sanity of calming yourself down.

"Please get out." Your voice echoed through the damp walls. Then, you can hear multiple footsteps filing out the room. And now, you're alone.

"What are you going to do?" Yamamoto questioned with a hint of panic and fear in his voice. "I already told you everything!"

You remained silent and let him rant. "What do you want from me now? Can't you see I'm already in a very bad shape, I'm in so much pain! This is all because of you, you little bitch! This is all your fault from the very start!"

"I really really hate you! Just wait when I get out of here, I swear I'll eventually get out of here, I'll kill you and bring your-" He stopped when you held the folder in front of him. You made sure to put Nobuhiko, no, Mizushima Arata's file and picture in front. Yamamoto's eyes widened, his mouth remained hung open as he tried to croak some words out.

"That's..."

"Yes, that's Mizushima Arata. The old man you held hostage, at least that's what we believed." You spoke for him. "You're going to tell me everything about him."

His face contorted into fear as he subconsciously back up further against the wall. You held the file down and raised your other arm to your mouth. "I don't...he's nothing! I just used him to further my knowledge about the Mizushima's, you see. Yes! To completely imitate them, I didn't-" You drowned his words out as you trapped a finger between your teeth, then without grimacing, you bit hard on your finger until you bleed. Immediately, you withdraw your hand, slight taste of metallic was left on your lips.