13 | Unfinished Tea Party

Nobuhiko Arata's house is a modern, minimalistic house. It's exterior plain white, the glass windows are large and very clean, basically it screams that Nobuhiko is a well off man.

Well, he gets money from the underground after all.

The first thing you did very early in the morning was call Nobuhiko's residence, one of his butler answered with such confusion as who could be calling them at 5 in the morning. You barely got any sleep the night before, all night you stared at empty space, hardly finishing your bottle of sake for your mind is very preoccupied. In the end, you hurled your sake at the wall and gave up on drinking. Instead, you decided to stress eat. You finished 5 tubs of ice cream paired with 2 bowls of spicy korean noodles. As you ate, you watch your favorite show until you fell asleep.

But you barely got an hour of sleep when you woke up to your stomach hurting, it sent you to the bathroom, hurling out all the things you overate.

Before you knew it, it was 5 in the morning. So, you decided to go to the mafia building and that's where you contacted Nobuhiko. The butler told you to come at 8, because it's very early and they didn't have time to prepare the house. You agreed. It was a good thing because you get to have another 2 hours of sleep in your office.

Now, you stand in the pavement in front of Nobuhiko's house. The butler who led you from the gate is in front of you, opening the large door.

He let you inside. The interior is very minimalistic too, barely have any furniture, the few ones are mostly white, almost blending with the plain white wall. The house is very clean. The butler led you to the living room where a tea set along with biscuits and cakes are placed in the coffee table.

They really did prepared for your arrival.

"Please take a seat. Sir Nobuhiko will arrive in a few moments." The butler bow down as he went away then you sat on the fluffy sofa.

You nodded, then you glanced at the tea pot, you could see the slight smoke coming from the freshly brewed tea as it's smell wafted through your nose. There's the smell of freshly baked pastries too.

"Miss (L/N)! You're finally here, I'm sorry to keep you waiting." Nobuhiko, the petite old man, suddenly strutted inside the living room. His arms wide open as if ready to give you a hug. You stood up and bowed your head. Fortunately, he didn't come up and hug you.

I didn't even hear his footsteps. You thought to yourself.

"Please sit down." So, you did.

Nobuhiko sat himself on a single cushioned chair in front of you. Two large men placed themselves standing behind him, their arms crossed behind their back. The old man caught you looking at his bodyguards causing him to laugh playfully. "Please don't mind them."

"Oh, my bad." You immediately look down, feigning shame. There's no need to observe anymore, his bodyguards are armed under those expensive suits.

"So, Miss (L/N). Do you like tea?"

"Of course."

"Perfect. We already have it here, as you can see. We also have cookies, do you like cookies? Cakes?" He asked as he poured tea on your cup, then pointed to the pastries.

"Anything would do, Mr. Nobuhiko."

Nobuhiko smiled. "Please help yourself, Miss."

"Thank you." You grabbed your teacup along with the saucer, then you set it down on your lap. Not drinking, not yet. It might be poisoned. "Please pardon my intrusion. I came here on behalf of my organization."