17 | Finished Tea Party

Once again, you found yourself inside Mr. Nobuhiko's minimalistic home (should you say Mr. Mizushima), sitting on the sofa you could smell the familiar scent of tea coming from your cup. They served the same kind of tea from yesterday when you were here. The sun is already setting and you find it weird to have tea this late. Usually you would only have tea during the morning or afternoon. But it doesn't matter right now, you decided to say nothing as the elder man sat before you while you pretend to love his tea party as of the moment.

"How do you like the tea?" He asked.

"Delicious." You haven't even took a sip from your cup.

From the outside, you look calm and poised. But if Mizushima was to look closely, your eyes are glaring on his form.

Having the man who turned you as an assassin before you brings anguish from your soul. Not only that, he robbed you of your memories. Recently, he tried to kidnap you, all the while using another organization to claim you and end the Port Mafia. He decieved and used everyone just to have you again.

All these conflict going on between Yamamoto's gang, the Mizushima's, and Mimic, Mizushima Arata is part of it. You decided to stop him, you decided to kill him and end this.

You never knew chasing after your past would lead you into this mess right now. If you would have known it would lead into this, you would have stopped the moment Dazai asked you to go back to the mafia.

Everytime you look at the man in front of you, you would feel your stomach churn and your heart ache. Not from nervousness, but from so much anger and anticipation. The anticipation to grab him and bash his head open. But you told yourself to calm down, talk to him and have him confess of his true identity as Mizushima Arata. Then you will end him.

"I apologize for the ruckus I caused yesterday." He said with a solemn tone.

You forced a smile on your face, the grip on your teacup tightened. "It's no problem, at all. I'm grateful you still allowed me to meet you despite your condition."

"If it is Mori-sensei's orders, I will gladly cooperate." He smiled. "Now, where were we?"

"Yesterday, you mentioned about the Mizushima's experimenting on something, or maybe someone. So I dug some information I could find, I somewhat encountered a very interesting information." You inquired. "The Red Leaf Project, it was called?"

His expression remained unfazed but you saw the slight twitch in his eyes, he immediately blinked them multiple times to feign confusion, it impressed you. "Do you happen to know about it?" You asked.

You watched as he tilted his head. "Hmm, I don't recall hearing about it." He said as he took a sip from his cup. "It must have been a project done by the scientists. The Mizushima's are very passionate about their scientific experiments and they had loads of project. Unfortunately, a mere doctor like me is not allowed to participate. All I did was treat soldiers and other members."

Feigning disappointment, you look down. "Is that so?"

"I'm sorry, dear. I would have told you if I know."

You know, you just wouldn't tell me because you're a senile old man who loves to lie through your incomplete and decaying teeth. You had to let go of your teacup to avoid it being crushed between your fingers.

"It is quite alright." A smile was once again forced on your face. "I knew a little bit about that said project, though I still want to hear it from you. I guess I'm stuck with what little information I have."

"Hmm, and what is it that you knew? I would like to hear it."

"Well.." Shifting on your seat, you aligned your body with his. "You see, I learned that The Red Leaf Project aims to create the perfect assassin for the Mizushima's."