12 | False Truth

"Ah, you're finally here."

You found Kouyou in her office, and as usual, the scent of freshly brewed tea lingered in the air. The calming aroma filled her office and it gave a small calming feeling in your chest.

"Yes, Ane-san. I'm sorry for being late."

"Worry not. Please sit down and have some tea."

Immediately, you sat down on the cushion on the floor across her, she delicately handled the tea pot as she poured on your cup. The satisfying sound of the liquid running through the mouth of the pot to the small ceramic cup resonated, the liquid was green and you saw small pieces of leaves floating on top.

It would be nice if a leaf decided to stand on the liquid so that you can believe that fate has good news for you.

Gingerly, you wrapped your fingers around the small cup and placed it on your lips. As soon as the liquid reaches your mouth and went all the way down on your throat, you let out a small sigh at the taste.

"You make such great tea, Ane-san." You complimented.

"Well, thank you." The older woman smiled in satisfaction. "How are you feeling?"

"Serene."

You have to admit, after the events with Akutagawa you felt a little rage in your heart for what Dazai did, ignoring you and violently punching Akutagawa in front of you. And there's the little anxiety from what you are about to hear from the Mizushima's.

"Good." She seemed satisfied. "Now, let's talk about the Mizushima's you kindly brought to me for interrogation."

You felt like the tea worked no more. The anxious feeling had built up again.

Kouyou stared at you firmly. "Listen to me very well, and calmly. The Mizushima's, at least what we believed them to be, finally confessed."

Believed to be...what...

"I'm afraid you've been chasing a false organization, (F/N)."

"False..." Your hands are starting to shake causing you to put your tea cup back on the table, as you were afraid you might let go and let it shatter on the ground. "What do you mean false?"

"The leader, who you believed to be Mizushima, his actual name is Yamamoto Keiji." Kouyou explained. "He has confessed after many trials of interrogation. Before we knew of the truth, we asked him why he attacked the port mafia's boss and executive, he simply said that he had a grudge on the mafia. I was confused as to why the Mizushima's would have a grudge against the Mafia, seeing that the two organizations have long been business partner."

"So I asked him, I was expecting it had to do with you since your history with the Mizushima's isn't well. But, I was surpised when he immediately went quiet. I had to force the answer out of him and found out his real name, and that Yamamoto Keiji was once an underground business man. He came across the mafia 5 years ago and tried to steal the Mafia's resources, of course he was caught, the previous boss gave him no mercy."

You remained silent while looking down, Kouyou could not see your face so she continued. "His business was trampled by the Mafia and he lost everything. For the past 5 years he's been building a new organization to take revenge on the mafia. I asked him why would he pose as the Mizushima's, he confessed that he could not let the mafia know the true name of his organization in hopes of protecting it."

"So they posed as the Mizushima's." You muttered with gritted teeth. "Fucking coward, they wanted it to look like the mafia would be ended by a ghost organization as to protect their organization from the underground world." Your head remained low as you speak. "What about Mimic? When Yamamoto tried to come at me, one of his men is working with Mimic." You asked quietly.