09 | Perfect Face

Note: so I changed the timeline a bit. The time where reader attacked the Mizushima's is the same time when Oda and Dazai encountered Mimic in an alley way and they found out Ango had the same gun as Mimic. The next day is supposed to be when Oda visited the orphans, but I'm gonna add another free day before it, for the sake of reader's recovery. It's a little complicated but I hope you guys get it :)

--

"Please not my son! Not my son!"

The hallways are blurry, it feels like your eyes are covered with blood. You felt something trickle down from your head all the way to your mouth, only then you confirmed that you're indeed covered in blood as the metallic taste entered your mouth.

The walls are filled with blood, it almost look like someone splashed red paint on it. Bodies are everywhere, you don't know if they're dead or alive, but they're not moving.

"AHHHHH GET AWAY!!"

You saw someone running in front of you, he's also bloody just like you, in his hand was a knife. He's chasing someone. Another man runs away from him, a man wearing something white, he's flailing his arms everywhere as he ran.

The bloody man continued to chase after the man in white and he-

BEEP BEEP

You felt your body jerk a little, and then there's this tingling pain all over your torso, then you lifted your fingers. Next, your eyes snapped open and the first thing you saw are all white. Turning your head to the right, you saw the bright rays of the sun coming through the window.

"You're awake." Came a soft voice on your left. Shifting your gaze off the window, you saw Dazai beside you sitting on a chair, his arms and legs crossed and his coat hanging on his shoulders.

A groan escaped from your mouth as you try to speak, Dazai immediately stood and grabbed a glass of water, you watched as he poured water in it. Your eyes followed him as he hovered the glass on your lips, you lifted your head and managed to take a sip.

You opened your mouth to speak again. "..thank you."

Dazai smiled slightly as he sat back down. "You're probably wondering what happened."

"I know all about the raid, but I don't know what happened after I passed out." You spoke weakly.

"Well, according to your subordinates, they found you passed out on the floor after the fight. They immediately rushed you here."

Nodding, you look around and you are indeed in the medical wing of the mafia headquarters.

"Mizushima and his men are all captured, Ane-san should be interrogating them by now." Dazai added. You immediately remembered something and forced yourself to sit up, pain shot through your torso and you let out a pained whimper. The brown haired man was quick to hold your shoulders and gently pushed you back on your pillow. He shook his head. "You must rest (F/N)-chan, you've just got out of surgery. The bullet isn't that deep and they were able to get it out. Fortunately, you didn't have any internal damage."

You nodded. "What about the old man? The old man I saw before I passed out."

"Ah, him? He's being held prisoner right now. He'll be interrogated too."

"He was asking for help, did you check him?"

Dazai let out a small laugh. "Here you are with a bullet wound, and you worry about others. You've always been so kind.."

You frowned and didn't say anything, only waiting for him to go on.

"He was treated before we locked him up." Dazai finally answered your question. You let out a small sigh of relief and finally let yourself relax on your bed.

Silence engulfed the room as you and Dazai remained silent, but there is the faint sound of machine beeping and droplets from the bag of fluid connected to your IV. You look up, trying to ignore the slight pain in your stomach, you reckon they gave you painkillers but the pain is still there. Suddenly you felt your stomach growl a little, your head is swarmed with the thought of finally getting out and eating all the kinds of food you crave.

"I want to eat curry.." you mumbled out loud.

Dazai blinked his eyes at you, then he burst into a small laugh. You couldn't help but smile, laughing Dazai is rare Dazai. You somehow felt your heart swell and beat faster as you continue to hear him laugh.

"I'll take you to lunch as soon as you're better." He said.

"Hmm sure, it should be curry though."

"I know a place."

"Ok, tomorrow. I'll get out of here tomorrow." You assured him with a smile. "I don't wanna stay here anyway, I have things to do."

"Like going on a lunch date with me?"

You froze, your smile dropped and you stared at Dazai as if there are stars above his head. He wasn't fazed at all, he knows what he's doing and you wanted to punch him for that. And here you are trying to forget your old puppy love for him.

Damn you, Dazai.

You breathed in, immediately regretting so as another slight pain went to your torso. However, you smiled smugly as you face him.

"It's a date, then."

Dazai stayed for awhile after that, you talked about a lot of stuff. He told you that Oda was sent to find Ango, Mori directly ordered it as he called Oda up to his office, he even gave him the silver oracle. You found this a little odd, ever since Oda Sakunosuke, was a man who never killed even though he's in the mafia. You found his resolution a little odd at first, but now that you were so exposed and aware of the violence around you, you understood him.

It felt a little nice to not kill someone for day. It makes you feel like there's a chance for you to change.

It's odd, Mori suddenly asked for a lower member of the Mafia to find someone so important. You do not doubt Oda's abilities, he may be a lower class member but you knew he's capable of doing more. It's suspicious that Mori hand-picked him directly. Did he finally recognized Oda's ability? You couldn't push back the small voice in your head telling you that there's something wrong going on.

Dazai then told you that Oda found a case in Ango's home, and Oda has faced some of Mimic's men. The brunette gave an opinion about how Oda was surrounded and in the verge of being killed, yet he refused to kill anyone even though he's capable of doing it. "Just like you, right now." He added in his comment. Then, he continued about how they found a graugeist in the case. They suspected that Ango is a spy from Mimic.

As he told you this, you sensed that Dazai knew a lot more than this. It's like he knew that Ango is indeed a spy, but he doesn't want to believe it. You didn't say anything about it, nor did you ask. Ango is still his friend, someone he considered to be important along with Oda.

He told you Oda is trying his best in finding clues about Ango's whereabouts, and that he's also doing his best. You assured him that they will find Ango soon, after that he had to leave to organize something.

"Sleep, you need it." He ordered as he stood up, getting ready to leave.

You only hummed, feeling yourself slipping into dreamland. The drugs and medicines are still kicking in your system and you felt tired even all you did was talk and listen. So, you closed your eyes and mumbled a small goodbye to Dazai.

He didn't say anything, instead you heard his footsteps. And then, your heart thrashed in your chest as you felt his hand brushed your hair.

And ever so slightly, you felt his lips on your forehead.

"Take care of yourself." He mumbled before he leaned away. You heard the door open and close.

Slowly, you peeked one eye out and Dazai is indeed gone. Then you opened both of your eyes. Biting your lip, you could feel your cheeks heat up, it felt like you're going to have a fever. Your heart kept beating hard, it felt like your chest felt more painful than your torso.

Yes, sometimes you really wanted to punch Dazai and his perfect face.

--x