11 | Mercy of an Unrighteous Man

THANK YOU FOR THE 200 READS YA'LL, YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH THAT MAKES ME HAPPY. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

--

Dazai paid for your meal and the three of you scurried to your car, and then you were driving down the road towards the mafia building.

Oda excused himself as soon as you arrived and entered the premises, he said something about investigating in Ango's office. He bid you and Dazai goodbye as he left. You stopped and faced Dazai, who's looking ahead.

One of his subordinates approached him and gave him his coat, then he said something to Dazai to which the brunette nodded. He swung his coat over his shoulders.

You decided to excuse yourself, too. "Dazai, I need to go too. I have-"

"Come with me for a while." He said, only then he turned to you. "My subordinates captured some of Mimic's men and I need you to use your ability to extract information from them."

You really should be going to Kouyou to ask how the interrogation with the Mizushima's went, but they could wait for a little while. Besides, you need to pay Dazai for the information he gave you about Mimic as well as for the curry.

"Okay." You answered, and then the two of you walked down to the interrogation room.

--

What you expected in the interrogation room were the captured men of Mimic, unconscious and ready to be awaken for questioning. But, that's not what it looks like when you and Dazai went down.

The first thing you smelled is blood, and you heard various murmurs from Dazai's subordinates. Each of them in a tone of frustration, worry, and fear. Only then they went quiet when the presence of two executives were recognized.

In front of you, are dead bodies. Specifically, the bodies of Mimic's men which Dazai captured.

"I'd like an explanation."

Dazai's voice was low, it held a certain authority with it. Although he was in front of you, gazing down at the bodies with hidden expression, you could tell he was beyond frustrated and mad.

One of his men stepped up. "We captured Mimic's vanguard that attacked the casino with the knockout gas as planned. One of them commited suicide but we brought the other three here." He paused then continued. "We were planning to have them talk about the others. We even removed the poison hidden in their teeth."

"I know that." Dazai coldly deadpanned. "Because this was all part of my plan. What I want to know is what happened after that..."

"O-one of the soldiers woke up earlier than expected." The man stuttered. "Before we could get handcuffs on him, he stole one of our guns and most likely shot his comrades so they couldn't talk. He also came after us..."

You cringe at these men's resolve, they are ready to get killed and kill one another just to secure information. Such loyalty and braveness they have. You wonder if that was forced upon them or they originally have it themselves.

"So I decided to take care of it."

You turned at the familiar voice behind you. The person was covered behind Dazai's subordinates, and as soon as his footsteps rang through the room, the men parted to reveal him. Black hair tinted white at the tips, black clothes, and his pose which held the word 'powerful' all over him, Akutagawa stepped up.

He had his hand buried in his pockets as he continued to walk closer to both you and Dazai. His eyes trained on the brunette, which he also recognize as his mentor. Then he saw you standing at his mentor's side, a small bow was sent your way to show his respects. Then he turned his gaze back to Dazai.