39. Runaways pt. 2

Elsa POV

"Let's invite Y/N over to dinner tonight," I said as Anna was trying on new dresses. 

"Again?" She raised an eyebrow, a smirk tugging on her lips. 

"Yes, don't you like her?" I asked. 

"Of course, but you've asked her to dinner almost every day for the past three weeks that she came back with Olaf...it's just so obvious that you like her!" Anna burst out. 

"Of course I like her! She's a nice person. She brought Olaf, a talking snowman back to us when she could've just ran away, she's so sweet, and kind, and smart, and pretty..." I trailed off, noticing Anna's noticeable smirk. 

"You're in love, Elsa," Anna practically sang. I tensed, was I? 

"What are the symptoms of love?" I asked. Anna stared at me, before bursting out laughing. 

"What?" I demanded, slightly irritated that Anna was reacting like this. 

"There aren't any symptoms of love, Elsa," Anna said, trying to control her laughter, "I mean I suppose they are, but you talk about it like it's a disease."

"No, I think love is perfectly fine. I just wanted to know how to know if you're in love," I said, a trace of hurt lacing my tone, and my sister seemed to pick up on it. 

"I know, I'm sorry. I suppose the 'symptoms' are that you think about this person all the time, you get nervous around them, your heart starts to beat quicker, palms sweaty, and you want to impress them I guess. Want to hold their hand...invite them to dinner," Anna said mischievously, and I pushed her back playfully. It made sense though. Every time Y/N was across the table from me, I was tempted to reach out and hold that smooth, soft hand. My heart does beat quicker and I'm sort of nervous, and I do think about her all the time. 

"I don't even know if she's into girls," I muttered. 

"She is. She's been flirting with you every dinner, complimenting you, whatever. I think she's waiting for you to do something because it would b wrong to ask out a royal and get rejected," Anna replied. 

"Can you teach me how to flirt?" I said, my cheeks turning red. Why would I ask that??

"Oh dear sister," Anna smirked, "I was waiting for the day you would ask."

*******

Your POV

I stood outside the castle doors, this being around my 15th time going to dinner with Queen Elsa and Princess Anna. Not that I'm complaining, free food is hardly something I would decline, considering my lack of income at the moment. However I think this will be the last time I accept a dinner invitation. A kind bartender will let me start working next week, and I'll be earning enough to afford an inn and food. It's kind of sad, I've grown fond of the two royals...particularly the platinum blonde. Her and I have grown close, and she's the only person in Arendelle who knows my backstory. 

I was led through the castle, the Arendelle flag hanging from the ceiling. The guards took me to the dinning room where Queen Elsa and Princess Anna were standing up to welcome me. 

"Hi Y/N!" Anna said excitedly, something mischievous in her eye. 

I bowed, "Hello, Princess Anna. Queen Elsa." 

"Good evening, Y/N. And please, no formalities here," Queen Elsa said, smiling. 

"Okay...Elsa," I said, loving the way her name rolled off my tongue. I missed the way Elsa shivered when I said her name.