17. Beautiful ⚠️

⚠️ Mentions & description of anorexia ⚠️

I stepped out of the school, looking for my girlfriend. I had to stay a few minutes later after school to talk to my teacher about extra credit. 

"Hey Y/N, good job at practice yesterday," someone said. 

"Thanks, you did great too," I smiled. 

"Can you help me with my math tomorrow, Y/N?"

"Sure, come by my locker before class starts," I waved. 

"Hey," a soft voice said behind me. The voice I wanted to hear the most. 

"Hey," I turned around with a smile. I picked Elsa up and twirled her around while she giggled before I put her down and connected our lips. 

"Mmm, you always taste like mints," I said, and she smiled, but it seemed forced, "Can I have one?" 

"I ran out," Elsa said. I frowned, taking her in. 

"Have you been getting enough sleep? You look really tired," I said. 

"Yeah, just homework," Elsa said, but I wasn't convinced. 

"You've been having a lot of homework lately then. You always seem tired. You seem underweight too. When's the last time you ate something?"

"I'm not hungry," Elsa replied unconvincingly.

"Are you sick?" I frowned.

"No...well maybe but I'm just not feeling well," Elsa said. 

" Hmm. How about you come to Starbucks with me to get a cappuccino and a sandwich," I suggested. 

Her eyes widened, "No, I need to do homework." 

"You need a break from homework," I replied. She reluctantly sat in the front seat of my car and put on her seat belt. I kissed her on the cheek and started the engine. 

"Don't worry, with some food in your stomach and caffeine in your system, you'll do homework much better," I winked, and she let out a weak laugh. 

I drove to a nearby Starbucks and helped Elsa out of the car. 

"What do you want?" I asked her.

"I don't have any money." she said.

"I'm buying. So what do you want?" 

"Y/N please, I'm not hungry," Elsa begged. I frowned, thinking I knew what was wrong with Elsa. 

"Please just eat something," I said softly. 

Elsa seemed surprised at the change of my tone, and she nodded slowly, "Okay. I'll get whatever you're having."

I ordered two cappuccinos, two grilled cheeses, and a chicken wrap, and they came within ten minutes. 

I sat down at the table with Elsa, kissing her on the cheek. 

"Here," I said, giving her a cappuccino and a grilled cheese, "If you're still hungry after you can have the wrap."

I watched her carefully while we ate. It's been 20 minutes and she's barely finished half of the sandwich, while I was done and finishing off my cappuccino. 

"Excuse me, I'm not feeling well," Elsa said, before getting up quickly and rushing to the bathroom. I got up immediately after and followed her. My suspicious were correct, and I'm going to stop her. 

Just as she was entering the bathroom stall to throw up, I pulled her back. She turned around and looked a me in surprise.

"Please don't do that," I said. 

Tears welled up in Elsa's eyes, and I hugged her tightly. She buried her face into me as I rubbed her back soothingly. I felt her crying as someone opened the door to the bathroom.

"Um, I'm sorry-"

"No, it's fine," I tried to smile at her, "We were just leaving." I led Elsa out of the bathroom and she kept her face turned towards me to avoid looking at people. I walked with her to the back of the coffee shop. 

It pained me so much that she felt like she had to do that. She avoided looking at me was wringing her hands. 

"I don't know if you know this, but you're beautiful, Elsa," I said, and she shook her head, tears falling from her cheeks. I stepped closer and wiped her tears away. 

"You're one of those girls who doesn't know she is, but you are."

"I'm not," Elsa said, "I...You're so popular, and everyone likes you, and you're gorgeous, and I'm just...me. And you deserve better than me."

"But I want just you. You're the girl I fell in love with, the beautiful, perfect girl that I love. I don't want you to change for me, because I love you just the way you are," I said, holding her hand. 

"You really mean that?" Elsa asked.

"Of course I do. You are beautiful," I said. Elsa wrapped her arms around me tightly, and my arms found her waist, holding her securely. 

"I love you too," Elsa whispered against my neck. 

"Please don't ever do that sort of thing," I pleaded, "I don't want you to get hurt."

"Okay," Elsa said. I pulled away, needing to ask an important question.

"When was the last time you ate something," I asked softly.

"Yesterday," she replied swiftly.

"Elsa..."

"...Six days ago," Elsa whispered. I tensed, realizing that it's probably been a while since she's properly eaten. She probably only ate a small portion of food six days ago.

"I'm going to drive you to my place and make you something. Can you try to eat some soup for me?" I asked.

"Sure," Elsa said shakily. 

"Remember," I kissed her gently, cupping her face, "You're beautiful, and nothing in the world can change that."

A/N: Went on a bit of a dark streak, sorry about that. Hope you enjoyed though.