30. Bet

Requested: College AU where Elsa is popular and her friends place a bet to date reader.

Elsa POV

I was at some expensive restaurant with my friend ands was joking around about how I needed someone to date.

"Come on, Elsa. You need a boyfriend," Merida said. 

"Lower your voice, and no I don't need one," I hissed. 

"You probably can't even get one," she scoffed. 

"That's not true true," I snapped, "I just don't want one at the moment." Merida thought hard for a moment before her face lit up with an idea. 

"You see that girl over there?" she pointed to Y/N who was working at the bar, "She doesn't date anyone either, and everyone's sure she's lesbian. She's really hard to get though. If you manage to get her to ask you out and kiss you by my next party in a month, I'll give you 1,000 dollars and never bother you about dating again. But if you lose, you have to let me set you up with Hans!"

I looked at Y/N who was smiling and doing some cool bartender trick. She's not very popular at our college, but she's crazy smart and not bad looking either. She is known for turning down a lot of guys, and it would be pretty cool if I was able date her and no one else could. Plus, I don't want to date Hans. 

"Make that 2,000 dollars and you're buying the drinks next time," I said. 

"Fine," Merida grinned, and we shook on it. 

*******

I flipped the vodka bottle and thanked the couple for the tip. I put the money under the counter with the other bills, and when I looked back up Elsa was there. 

"Um, hi," I said, "What can I get you?"

"Oh, I don't drink," Elsa said. She kept looking back at her friend nervously. 

"Does your friend want a drink?" I asked. 

"No," Elsa said immediately, "It's just...well I wanted to see you." I furrowed my eyebrows, sensing that something was up. 

"You can see me anytime at school..." 

Elsa opened her mouth but closed it again. She didn't answer and looked back at her red hair friend, and that's when I knew that this was a joke of some sort. 

"Look, if you're trying to hook me up with one of your friends, it's not going to happen," I said shortly, but she shook her head frantically. 

"No! No that's not it at all, I...I like you. And I was hoping we could hang out sometime," she asked nervously. I honestly wouldn't have kept talking to her because this was sort of suspicious, but I had a bit of a crush on her. 

I frowned, pretending to think it over, "You don't seem like the type of girl to like me, but I suppose it won't hurt to get to know you better." A relieved smile spread across her face. 

"Okay."

"I get off in five minutes, but my replacement is here already." I flipped the vodka bottle under my arm, caught it and threw it over to Rapunzel who caught it with a grin. 

I turned back to Elsa, "Where do you want to go?" 

*******

It's been a month since our encounter at the bar, and I asked her out two weeks ago. She's different from the other girls, not mean, or arrogant or superior...she's really sweet. I had no idea there was another lesbian girl in my college, and it was a nice change.

Elsa gives me little gifts, and treats me to fancy restaurants. I didn't have the money to return that, but I wrote songs for her and planned dates that involved the beach, lakes, stars...natural surroundings.