Chapter 33

If you came here for the new update, sorry to disappoint, but 31's rewrite was so long that I had to split it in two. Read them, if you'd like!

for those not affected by this, continue on :)

You look over the stream, a peaceful expression on your face. Naruto still had a year before he returned.

Your shoulder grows warm as a figure escapes from it. "Should you be coming out here?" You ask, eyes drifting over to the deceased Uchiha. He was in his normal form.

"No one is in the immediate vicinity. I should be okay."

You hum, eyes refocusing on the water. It had a while since you could return here. You smile. "This is one of my favorite spots in Konoha. It's quiet most of the time because teams are too busy doing missions."

He sits next to you, looking at the flowing water as well. "Hmm. It does seem quite nice." His eyes soon lift as his head turns, glancing at you. Your smile, your relaxed attitude...

You truly did love this place.

He looks down again.

He did too, at a point. He was one of it's founders. He grew discontent with it, as he knew his clan would be pushed away and discriminated against. The Uchiha had veils of hopefulness over their eyes. Well, not anymore.

Izuna knew that, too.

"I think Izuna would have liked you." He begins, you looking over. "He had some strange prerequisites when it came to my betrothed."

You raise an eyebrow.

"He wanted me to have someone powerful, both in will and in strength." His wistful eyes meet yours. "He wanted someone who could help me, and keep me happy."

"You're speaking like me being your fiance is the only way he'd like me." You gently grin.

"You know that's not what I mean."

"Yeah, yeah."

"But... I just know he would like you. It's strange."

"No it's not. It's just a big brother's intuition. I've seen it happen before." Granted, those times it was with a big bro noticing that his little sibling was no longer a virgin, but it still (loosely) applies.

"Hmm. Perhaps."

"Izuna... seems like a good brother. I would've really liked to meet him." You say, lifting your eyes to the sky.

"Yeah... he really was."

You enjoy the sun on your skin, eyes closing as you take it in.

Unknown to you, Izuna had asked about you. Twice, actually.

The first was right after Madara had gained his Sharingan. He had asked Madara, "Who was that? They didn't look like a Senju."

He told his younger brother about you. You weren't a Senju, you didn't even have a clan. One day, you had fallen from the sky, injured from a previous fight.

Izuna didn't believe him at first.

It didn't take much convincing to change his mind, however. He trusted Madara. Madara would tell stories of you, and Izuna could tell he held affection for you.

The second time he asked...

Izuna had a white cloth over his eyes.

Not quite dead, but barely alive.